Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-24-2010, 11:02 AM
For Vendetta

A third Star Wars trilogy is coming!

Long time Star Wars fans will probably have some sort of vague recollections of creator George Lucas mentioning the possibility of the Star Wars saga including three sets of trilogies, for nine movies in total.

Though Lucas told MTV in 2004 that the series "was never planned as a nine-episode work," the rumor of a sequel has been alive since 1983 when Lucas was quoted in Denise Worrell's book Icons: Intimate Portraits as saying that "the first trilogy is social and political...(the second trilogy) is more about personal growth and self realization, and the third deals with moral and philosophical problems.... The sequel is about Jedi knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."

Now — prepare yourselves, Star Wars fans — IESB has reported that plans are underway for more Star Wars movies to follow the events in Return of the Jedi.

Several of the most successful Star Wars novels have taken place after Return of the Jedi, most notably Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy, so there is fertile ground for sequel material; however, according to IESB's "ultra top-secret Lucasfilm insider," the new trilogy "will exist in the same universe" as previous movies "but will not have anything to do with the Skywalker Clan."

IESB also stated that the sequel "will have nothing to do with the live-action television series" that is being developed and which will supposedly feature everyone's favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett.

Lucas is currently in the process of converting all six of the original movies to 3D, with plans to re-release them in theaters in 3-D and on Blu-ray. IESB's source says that the "ideal plan" is for the first movie in the new trilogy to be released "within 24 months" after the last of the original six movies is re-released in 3-D.

IESB, obviously aware of how dubious their scoop must sound, prefaced the entire article by listing several of the previous movie news scoops that they did get correct, including such Star Wars-related scoops as the PG-13 rating for Revenge of the Sith, the news that a Clone Wars animated series was on the way, and that a live-action TV series was in the works.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com...news&Itemid=71
Old 10-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Evil Dead

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Evil Dead

I just dont get all the Star Wars hype at all.

To me it is just way over blown,even the first movie sucked for me.I wish Lucas would put this crap to sleep and stop regurtating this stuff out every few years,and dont even start with all the franchising that goes with it.Sheesh.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

It's about time!! This is a story that desperately needs to be done well. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:34 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Star Wars 7

I just found out George Lucas sold Lucasfilms to Disney. I like a lot of Disney films, but I sure hope they don't screw Star Wars up. This may be the death of Star Wars as we know it. But I also do think its a little to early to say. They may do a really good job with it all. Just thought I'd share. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlT...ature=youtu.be

Sorry it's in URL format it wouldn't let me embed it.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 PM
No, fuck YOU

Makes this guy very happy.

Not me tho. I hated the last 3.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:20 AM
Demon from Ago

I'm excited to see what a new director will do with it, Empire and Return were both directed by someone not named George Lucas.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Horror Fan

Make this into a horror franchise.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Evil Dead

The most over hyped, over rated piles of shit ever to grace the silver screens.:mad:
Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 AM
HDC's old chick

I just read an article on Comcast.net where Mark Hamill said George Lucas told him they're going to do VII, VIII, and IX.