Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Evil Dead

Predators

Predators are Coming July 7, 2010
Source: erc BoxOffice
April 24, 2009

20th Century Fox has already set a July 7, 2010 release date for Robert Rodriguez's Predators, which the studio promises to be "a bold new chapter in the Predator universe."

Rodriguez officially announced the project just yesterday, calling the project "a reboot of the 'Predator' series." Rodriguez previously wrote a Predator 3 that was then discarded because it was "too big."

As far as competition, Paramount has The Last Airbender scheduled for a July 2, 2010 release and Universal Pictures is eyeing July 9, 2010 for Despicable Me.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:03 AM
For Vendetta

Last Thursday we heard the news that Robert Rodriguez would definitely be involved in re-booting the Predator franchise.

The Sin City director has now gone into more detail on the project in an interview with aintitcool.com, and said that he wouldn't be directing the movie, only producing.

"The next stage is finding a writer and director to come in and work with us to bring it to life," noted Rodriguez. "The idea is that I'd produce Predators here at Troublemaker Studios, so that I can feel free to walk to the Predators soundstage, pick up a camera and co-shoot the coolest scenes."

The director went on to explain the thinking behind the reboot: "Predator is a masterpiece of the action/science fiction genre. It's been borrowed from so much in other movies and even video games (that will now probably be turned into movies themselves) that I liked the idea that we could have Predators made relatively quickly."

He went on: "What I'd like to do with it is expand on ideas I dreamt up back in the original treatment, that had really expanded on the universe both the Predators and other species live in. We'd create new otherworldly characters while not taking away from the draw our main Predator has."

Rodriguez also said the name Predators was an homage to James Cameron's Aliens -- which he felt was a "worthy follow-up to a classic."
Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 AM
For Vendetta

LATEST SCOOP :- Alex Litvak is currently penning the new draft of Predators that's to be produced by Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios for 20th Century Fox.

Litvak recently wrote Medieval for New Regency.

The reboot to the classic 80's action/horror flick Predator is being penned as a "sequel" and will follow a team of commandos who face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters.

The project is on fast-track for a July 9, 2010 release.

No word yet on who will be directing as Rodriguez is now said to not be getting behind the camera.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:01 AM
For Vendetta

In an interview with IGN to promote the recent Blu-ray release of Sin City, Rodriguez didn't name names, but said that he will be involved in the film in a producing capacity only.

"We're hiring new writers and a director and I'm going to produce it over at Troublemaker with Fox to try and reboot the series in a really great way," Rodriguez told IGN. "So I'm not sure if we're going to follow the old script or keep that title. At this point, it's still early on."

The multi-hyphenated filmmaker also revealed that the non-sequel will go back to the franchise's origins and will have little to do with the Alien vs. Predator films of the last few years.

"This is something else," he said. "This is more like the first movie, but in a new way. Just rebooting the series in a whole new way. Not a remake, but more like what they did with the Batman series. They just started over. You know? Let's just start over using a different approach to it. We'll take the character everybody loves, but let's rethink it and make it for the time. Because the first one was made 20-plus years ago. So you want to do something more updated."

There's no cast in place at this time, either, but Rodriguez said, he has "a few ideas."
Old 05-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Evil Dead

Love Rodriguez, hate Fox. Hopefully this is better than any other movie featuring the predator sans the original.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:24 AM
For Vendetta

There's a small piece on MovieHole about Arnold Schwarzenegger making a very small cameo appearance in the upcoming Predators movie.

Maybe it's just speculation on their part. They say he may appear as one of the prisoners in the 'prison camp'.

"...Robert Rodriguez is writing a part in his new "Predator" sequel (smugly titled "Predators") for 'Dutch' himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Yeah, no surprise really. Anyway, what I've heard - and again, don't take this to the bank until I can get some kind of confirmation, but it would be nifty - is that cigar-chompin' Dutch may appear (and when I say appear, I mean the appearance could be as long as his cameo in the forthcoming "The Expendables" - so not much at all) as one of the prisoners in the 'Prison Camp' that the film's set in, or, the character may be reintroduced another way - say as a relative (read : father) to the new male lead. I'm thinking a deal for Arnie to appear probably won't happen overnight, but just a heads up that the wheels may be in motion for a guestie by the big guy."

So...fingers crossed?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:45 AM
No redeeming qualities

I think the original "Predator" is underrated by the general movie public, but rightfully considered a milestone film of sorts by the horror/sci-fi/action communities. I'm curious to see the interpretation by Troublemaker Studios, as Rodriguez' style seems to be a huge departure from the original's. Then again, he is the guy behind both the "Spy Kids" franchise and "Sin City."
Old 05-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Foxhole Atheist

This promises to be good, so fingers definitley crossed

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Banned

Hopefully it's better than the last predator movie that came out in 2005.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Evil Dead

I loved the first 2 Predator-only movies, as well as both AVP flicks too. So I'm interested in seeing what Rodriguez has in store for this new reboot. I'm a fan of the creature itself, so I'll be there regardless of anything.