Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-22-2008, 09:16 AM
For Vendetta

Early "Predator 3" rumblings!

September 21, 2008

Some interesting news comes in this evening in the form of speculation, but it does come from Producer John Davis. What is mostly wishful thinking, could end up becoming something solid in a few years when "Arnie" gets out of office, as the producer tells Collider that "The Governor" might return for more action -- in the form of a new Predator film.

Excerpt from the entire interview :-

You were also involved with AVP and AVPR, which are two great franchises, but they haven’t been able to work as a joint franchise. When are we going to see them go separate? Or are we going to see a third AVP?

John Davis: Well, the Governor has mentioned to me that when he ceases to be Governor, if he doesn’t run for the Senate and all of that stuff, he’d like to do a movie or two again. And I don’t know, maybe we could restart the Predator franchise.

So if Arnold wanted to do it, it’s going to get made?

John Davis: Well we’d have to come up with a really good script and a really great angle on it, but Predator was the first movie I was ever involved with, so it’s always going to have a really soft spot in my heart.

So is the AVP franchise on hold for now?

John Davis: I think we’ve logically done what we could’ve done with the two AVP movies. But I think there’s something to go back to with Predator.

How do you see the character that Arnold plays to that franchise?

John Davis: I don’t know yet. But I think Predator is a great character and a great monster.

Bottomline - “AVP” is dead, but we might get another “Predator” movie after Arnold leaves office.

http://www.collider.com/entertainmen...id/9244/tcid/1

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13695
Old 09-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

i love the 1st 2 predator movies ...

i'd love to see arnold and danny glover team up..
Old 09-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
i love the 1st 2 predator movies ...

i'd love to see arnold and danny glover team up..
That would be pretty cool....but they best hurry up.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
That would be pretty cool....but they best hurry up.
Figuratively speaking, of course...

20 years ago, danny glover was saying "im too old for this shit"...

I dont know if i trust anyone who said "AVP was a great franchise".

No, It wasnt. It Couldve been, but it wasnt. Plus, Arnie was heavy into the "PG-13 for EVERYONE" movement. With any luck, that was only because he was trying to be elected, and he has regrown his balls.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
Figuratively speaking, of course...

20 years ago, danny glover was saying "im too old for this shit"...

I dont know if i trust anyone who said "AVP was a great franchise".

No, It wasnt. It Couldve been, but it wasnt. Plus, Arnie was heavy into the "PG-13 for EVERYONE" movement. With any luck, that was only because he was trying to be elected, and he has regrown his balls.
Doesn't sound like writer caledl AVP a "great franchise" to me.

Sounds like he called "Alien" and "Pedator" two great franchises that didn't work out when combined.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Drive-In Mutant

I don't know if I could believe Arnie running around in Predator 3, this is something that should have happened 10 years ago at the most.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Listen 2 Buckethead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhitethc View Post
I don't know if I could believe Arnie running around in Predator 3, this is something that should have happened 10 years ago at the most.
ROFL!

i agree. As much as i like arnold in the first predator i just dont see him being in another. Although I am most certainly interested in seeing another predator movie.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Bottomline - “AVP” is dead,
There is a god!

The Ferrets like it...
Old 02-03-2009, 09:10 PM
For Vendetta

Rumour on the Net is that classic alien movie Predator may be set for a reboot.

It is being claimed that Robert Rodriguez and his Troublemaker studios will be producing a 21st century update of the action classic for Fox.

The original Predator revolved around a crack team of Special Forces soldiers -- lead by Arnold Schwarzenegger -- who venture into the fictional Latin American Val Verde to rescue a hostage, only to run into the titular advance alien hunter, who picks them off one-by-one.

Apparently the major departure from the original will be that there will be several predators this time around.

No writers are yet involved and that Rodriguez is unlikely to direct. Obviously, none of this has been confirmed by Fox, so think of it as "rumour" for now, and take this news with a pinch of salt.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
How exciting, another remake! Actually I think Robert Rodriquez is perfect for the job. I just hope that Arny atleast keeps it down to just a cameo. Sure, Arnold could probably beat me up, but he's in no shape to fight aliens, much less another class full of Kindergardeners.
If it's made, I will watch it.