Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM
For Vendetta

Justice League of America movie re-ignited!

From Variety.com...

One of the more ambitious projects around town — the bigscreen adaptation of DC Comics' "Justice League" — cleared a major hurdle last week.

Husband-wife writing duo Kieran Mulroney and Michele Mulroney turned in a first draft that had Warner Bros. suits actually smiling — no small feat, considering "Justice" follows a half-dozen of the best-known superheroes working together, including Batman and Superman.

But the accomplish-ment raises a tricky question for Warners: Should it release "Justice" before its "Superman Returns" sequel?

Christopher Nolan’s next Batman pic "The Dark Knight" bows in July 2008. Bryan Singer’s "Superman" follow-up had been expected to play in 2009. But there’s no script yet for that pic, while Singer is busy getting ready to shot Tom Cruise starrer "Valkyrie" for UA.

The question now: Will a souped-up "Justice League" prove to be Kryptonite to Superman? You tell me.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...justice+league
Old 06-25-2007, 11:06 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
They'll have to be careful with this...they could really fuck up some stuff with a project like this.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
For Vendetta

With word that the "Justice League’’ script is ready to roll, the question now is

a) when will it kick off (will it kick off before the “Superman Returns” sequel?)

and

b) who will be a part of it, cast-wise.

The new Man of Steel, Brandon Routh, says that he’d definitely be interested in reprising his role as Superman for the “Justice League” movie and he’d be keen to “work with Christian [Bale, who plays Batman] and whoever else was to be a part of it”.

Having said that, he says he doesn’t know anything about it other than the script is out there.

According to Routh, the “Superman Returns” sequel will start prepping next year “until someone tells me differently. I’m excited to begin… whenever we do begin... the earlier, the better, next year I think. I’m getting a little itchy to get back into Superman”.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com...=detail&id=969
Old 07-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

If they make JLA, I dont think the bigger stars would be keen enough to share screen space, unless its a good director like Bryan Singer at the helm of things.
Still, this is surely an exciting prospect.

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Evil Dead

I think that as long as it's not too crazy over the top...or, well done in the sxcessive in the very least, it could be quite good.
I'm just wondering if the title "Justice" ties it into either the comic series of the same title, which is an alternate future kinda title running at the moment, or, the more smallville related stuff, their "team up" episode with the group of the flash, superman, cyborg (of teen titans origin) green arrow and aquaman...
- team dynamic in the smallville series worked quite well, and given the finances, not to mention appearances by the martian manhunter...I'm sure that the producers of that show could make something pretty decent.

If not..yeah, I like how singer does the "supergroup" thing...could work.

Villains? that's a pretty big barrel...even if you consider those that'd require higher numbers to fight.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:32 PM
For Vendetta

Meantime, speaking of all things Caped Crusader, IGN asked Christian ‘Batman’ Bale whether he’ll be taking part in the upcoming Justice League movie. According to the one-time American Psycho, he’d indeed be keen to kick it with Superman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman in the one film.

“It's like I was saying to Chris [Nolan] -- I'll be probably doing this in dinner theater somewhere in my 50s, so I won't knock it. Because who knows where I'll end up?"

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200707...vs_batman.html

Brandon Routh & Christian Bale have given their green lights...

any guesses to who Aquaman and Wonder Woman will be?

I think there will be more superheroes, but lets wait for more details to appear.:D
Old 07-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
There'd better be. Martian Manhunter?
Old 07-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
the trouble with doing this, is it crosses over a LOT of stories, and with flash and wonderwoman lined up, this could pose serious threats to their stories, as it could to a possible longer batman and superman series. I think they should wait and get all the others out of the way, do a GL and MM film and whoever else was in the justice league before doing this, then treat it as the closing story.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 07-04-2007, 08:53 AM
For Vendetta

From the buzz overheard, there's a pretty strong possibility of these superheroes in it :-

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Green Lantern

The Flash

Martian Manhunter

Hawkgirl

But, your guess is as good as mine, Doc. It could be any or all of those mentioned above, depending on what the final draft and the director decide, of course.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I think it will probably end up being all of the above mentioned but Hawkgirl. I don't know if the Flash's story will be substantial enough to give him a movie and the Green Lantern's origin can be explained in all of two or three minutes. I wish there was a chance of the Green Arrow.