Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Horror Fan

Question Hunting a Wendigo?

Sup HDC? So in my neighborhood there is rumor of a Wendigo roaming our woods. There have been weird things happening here the past few months, pets and other animals disappearing. People have claimed to see a large creature bounding through our forest and loud halooing. I'm wanting to put a stop to it.

What is the best way to slay a creature like a Wendigo? Do ordinary weapons work against it, or do I need more specialized tricks? I can't find anything on the net about the hunt I'm going on.

I plan on entering the woods taking food, portable stove, a tent, sleeping bag, covers, a hatchet, first aid kit, a 12 gauge with lots of ammo, and a few flares.

What do you think of my chances??

Old 02-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Evil Dead

It better be silver ammo yer packin'...Maybe some triple 'oo' buck? Happy campin'!
Old 02-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
It better be silver ammo yer packin'...Maybe some triple 'oo' buck? Happy campin'!
Thanks for the reminder. I do need to check the silver content on my casings. Main concern is incapacitating the creature, no easy task (ETA: I am taking a crash course in Krav Maga next week). Which is why I'm asking for charms, spells, amulets, etc. that might temporarily stun the Wendigo upon engagement. What say you on immobilizing target through fire (keeping in mind its habitat).

Last edited by MichaelMyers; 02-11-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:49 AM
I am the turtle lord

Wendigo. A very monstrous spirit that lives in the woods. Undead nature may want to use fire or some spiritual protection. Native Americans had to deal with these all the time. I will try to provide as much info as I can. I do not recommend hunting it. They leave no survivors.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Horror Fan

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
Wendigo. A very monstrous spirit that lives in the woods. Undead nature may want to use fire or some spiritual protection. Native Americans had to deal with these all the time. I will try to provide as much info as I can. I do not recommend hunting it. They leave no survivors.
Know this, Warlock: I am prepared to destroy or expel this monster and rid our village of its menace. I think weaponizing fire is a bit of a logistical nightmare, esp. in a forest.

Last edited by MichaelMyers; 02-11-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:56 AM
I am the turtle lord

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Know this, Warlock: I am prepared to destroy or expel this monster and rid our village of its menace. I think weaponizing fire is a bit of a logistical nightmare, esp. in a forest, but am open to ideas.
Okay, But you know this the undead and the spirits resist much. Come back safely. Be very vigilant, do not go to sleep, keep a fire going, and circle your camp with salt which should work to repel the monster if something goes wrong. Heed my words.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
Okay, But you know this the undead and the spirits resist much. Come back safely. Be very vigilant, do not go to sleep, keep a fire going, and circle your camp with salt which should work to repel the monster if something goes wrong. Heed my words.
Say all goes well: how might I go about disposing of the beast's carcass?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:07 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Say all goes well: how might I go about disposing of the beast's carcass?
Burn it until there is nothing but ash or it shall rise again. Take the ashes and throw them into running water such as a river.

Try also using a sword to remove its head that might kill it.

Last edited by anglewitch; 02-11-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:25 PM
No Tears Please...

If I may add something from years of serious Wendigo study. They are typically hard to find because they move with the wind, they can be invisible to the naked eye and put off no heat signature. They can also take the form of friends and family from images in your memory. Very tricky creatures, you have to be careful and trust nothing.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:23 PM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
If I may add something from years of serious Wendigo study. They are typically hard to find because they move with the wind, they can be invisible to the naked eye and put off no heat signature. They can also take the form of friends and family from images in your memory. Very tricky creatures, you have to be careful and trust nothing.
Yes very tricky for they are spirits, they leave no survivors let us all wish him luck.