Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:23 AM
For Vendetta

The Comprehensive Movie Series/Franchise Tournament

Every good movie ever made has always spawned a sequel(s) or a prequel(rarity). That doesnt necessarily mean that any bad movie doesnt have an awful sequel behind it too. It all depends on the movie, and how certain people look at it.

Some movies become so popular, that they establish themselves in a "cult" status. They generate immense popularity, and merchandise designed on them are hot sellers in the market. Those get branded as "franchises". It takes a lot for a movie to develop into a franchise, that too successfully, so lets come together and see what goes into making a series/franchise so successful that it can be crowned as The Best Movie Series/franchise of All Time.

I have spent a lot of time researching into this tournament. And after sorting through the entries which I thought were good enough to be included in this, I have divided this tournament into three Parts :-:

- The first Section includes duologies, movies which have spawned one sequel/prequel...or 2 movies having the same successful character (including TV/Video movies).
- The second Section includes trilogies, which...you guessed right...has movies with two sequels/prequels or the directors have deemed them as their "trilogies" (includes TV/Video movies).
- The third Section deals with movies which have spawned at least 3 or more sequels/prequels, and/or have had TV series or TV movies.

Direct-to-video movies & TV movies are also included in this tournament. The eventual winners of all 3 categories will square off from the quarter final stage onwards, which will lead to crowning the eventual Champion of Movie Series/Franchises.

You, as voters, have to decide on one common factor...which movie series has entertained you more? For those of you who have seen only one of the series, you can base your judgement on that 1 movie only. If you have seen none, dont fret. You can base your vote on what you have heard about them.

So, without further ado, here rolls the first Part of this long tournament...

Part I: Duologies

Round 1, Match 1

Men in Black, Men in Black II

vs.

House of the Dead, House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim

First movie series to 5 votes wins...

Last edited by _____V_____; 03-16-2007 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:26 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

I first have to say--what a cool idea V! I think this tournament will be a lot of fun. :)

And since I am the first to post, I choose: Men in Black 1&2
Old 03-16-2007, 04:27 AM
No charge for awesomeness

You dick! :mad: The next tourney I was gonna do was a Horror Franchise Tourney! *shakes fist like an angry old man*

Lucky for you, I've got a backup tourney all thought up (with the aid of a suggestion from one of our fellow HDCers.)

MIB by the way.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:42 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
You dick! :mad: The next tourney I was gonna do was a Horror Franchise Tourney! *shakes fist like an angry old man*

Lucky for you, I've got a backup tourney all thought up (with the aid of a suggestion from one of our fellow HDCers.)
Great minds think alike?;)

Men in Black series leads 3-0 over House of the Dead series!!

need more votes...
Old 03-16-2007, 05:27 AM
She's under the stairs

Men in Black althouth I have only seen the first house of the dead, but that was crap enough!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:11 AM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
I agree..

MIB
Old 03-16-2007, 06:14 AM
For Vendetta

The Men in Black wipe out House of the Dead with a BFG the size of a pea!!

next match up in a sec...
Old 03-16-2007, 06:22 AM
For Vendetta

Round 1 Match 2

2001: A Space Odyssey & 2010

vs.

Westworld & Futureworld

First movie series to 5 votes wins...
Old 03-16-2007, 06:29 AM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
Wow..
havent seen that movie for years..!!!

westworld :p
Old 03-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

2001 / 2010
Closed Thread