Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Evil Dead

There are hundreds of vampire movies if not thousands, and a lot of the zero budget indies can be pretty bad. I doubt you could ever make a comprehensive list of all the truly terrible vampire movies. If you are restricting your list to versions of Dracula, you might be able to, maybe. By the way, I don't think Blacula is that bad. Its swiftly plotted and the production as a whole isn't badly mounted, directing, acting, sets, ect. It's a watchable movie.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Evil Dead

Dracula 3000 gets my vote! But honestly I think pretty much all Dracula/vampire related movies made within the last 15 years have been terrible... unless I've just missed all the good ones, of course ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
" Bram Stokers Dracula" (I know, lots of people love this film, but I personally loathe it)
Although I like the movie, I can understand the critisism that some people have of it (you're not the only one). Like all other vampire movies since, it's pretty much a "chick flick", it just happens to be one that this chick actually likes.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandarian Demon View Post
Dracula 3000 gets my vote! But honestly I think pretty much all Dracula/vampire related movies made within the last 15 years have been terrible... unless I've just missed all the good ones, of course ;)
Agreed, it would probably be easier and more effective to make a list of good vampire movies as opposed to bad ones. It would be a lot shorter of a list too.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Evil Dead

Vampirella (1996)

Rock legend Roger Daltrey plays Vlad of Draculon (aka Dracula) in the truly awful cable tv movie based on the classic comic book.Talisa Soto plays the title character. It's am embarrassment to all concerned.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Evil Dead

"Dracula And Son" (1976)
-Christopher Lee

French comedy that apparently was heavily re-edited when released in American. My memories of this film are pretty vague, I only saw it once, but what I do remember, is really bad.Sadly, another Lee film on the list.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:31 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
"Dracula And Son" (1976)
-Christopher Lee

French comedy that apparently was heavily re-edited when released in American. My memories of this film are pretty vague, I only saw it once, but what I do remember, is really bad.Sadly, another Lee film on the list.
I've never heard of this film!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Evil Dead

Many years ago, I used to belong to a group called "The Count Dracula Society" , the group was an offshoot of "The Academy Of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror" ( the folks who produce the annual Saturn Awards). One of the perks of being a member was seeing sneak previews of films. Saw a lot of great movies, "Dawn Of The Dead (78),"Love At First Bite", "The Muppet Movie" etc, all before the general public got to see them, unfortunately we also got to see our share of losers, including this stinker:

"Nocturna, Granddaughter Of Dracula" (1979)
a truly awful piece of cra...er comedy. Terrible acting, direction, writing, just awful. A sad way to see John Carradine and Yvonne DeCarlo. Avoid if you can.

"
Old 11-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Evil is Better

Blade Trinity if it counts

Old 11-18-2013, 11:35 PM
ventricle

I liked Bram Stoker's Dracula well enough. The shots of Harker (Reeves) and Drac in Drac's castle we expertly shot by Coppola -- the Drac shadows, movement tricks and cinematography were excellent. Those really got my attention. And whenever I see Winona Rider's face, it's like smelling a rose. Basically everything else disappointed me a bit.

I thought Blade was fine. I think the director knew what kind of film it was, and did that well. I don't remember Blackula well enough.

I thought Daybreakers was surprisingly good. Good, as in entertaining and interesting; not as in a great film.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Evil Dead

Dario Argento's Dracula

Phantoms Review: I honestly don't know what Argento was thinking of when he made this film , but, Dear Gods, this film is awful. Not an ounce of suspense or thrills. Acting that seems like it's out of a high school play (my apologies to high school plays, for the comparison) and some of the worst CGI FX that I have seen, outside of a Syfy channel film. This film is a shambles from start to finish.