Old 10-15-2018, 05:05 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Not so easy to find a serial killer. Slim pickens.

How soon do vampires die without human blood? They might not be so happy with their condition.
Wasn't there a vampire movie called "Innocent Blood"? I've never seen it but I'm guessing it's about a vampire who can only drink the blood of bad people.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:53 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Wasn't there a vampire movie called "Innocent Blood"? I've never seen it but I'm guessing it's about a vampire who can only drink the blood of bad people.
I haven't heard of Innocent Blood. Interesting concept. Hopefully for the vampire they can just spit it out, cause otherwise that would be russian roulette.

Reading up on Innocent Blood, I see it's a 1992 John Landis film (of American Werewolf in London fame), where a lady vampire in Pittsburgh kills mobsters and makes it look like gang killings. Pretty bad reviews.

I remember reading a comicbook about a vampire that only drank from donated blood, and was researching for a cure. Much, much later I finally watched House of Dracula (1945). I always thought it was a fascinating concept.

Quote:
Count Dracula (Carradine) arrives at the castle home of Dr. Franz Edlemann (Onslow Stevens). The Count, who introduces himself as "Baron Latos", explains that he has come to Visaria to find a cure for his vampirism. Dr. Edlemann agrees to help. Together with his assistants, Milizia (Martha O'Driscoll) and the hunchbacked Nina (Jane Adams), he has been working on a mysterious plant, the clavaria formosa, whose spores have the ability to reshape bone. Edlemann explains that he thinks vampirism can be cured by a series of blood transfusions. Dracula agrees to this, and Edlemann uses his own blood for the transfusions. Dracula has his coffin placed in the castle basement.

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-15-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:07 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I think the idea of a not-so-evil vampire who doesn't like having to kill innocent people for blood is interesting. I mean why should turning into a vampire automatically make a person malevolent? They seem to have the same intelligence and reasoning skills as a human being unlike zombies.

I guess because they really need blood to stay alive and their immortality becomes a lonely existence they quit having any attachments to humans and view them as nothing but prey.

But I feel like each vampire is different. For example I heard that the vampire countess Carmilla in the novel of the same name grew attached to the main female character Laura who was a mortal human. She actually befriended her but was still killing and feeding off the blood of her victims.

I really want to read Carmilla someday. It's a classic vampire novel just like Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 10-15-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:45 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I think the idea of a not-so-evil vampire who doesn't like having to kill innocent people for blood is interesting. I mean why should turning into a vampire automatically make a person malevolent? They seem to have the same intelligence and reasoning skills as a human being unlike zombies.

I guess because they really need blood to stay alive and their immortality becomes a lonely existence they quit having any attachments to humans and view them as nothing but prey.

But I feel like each vampire is different. For example I heard that the vampire countess Carmilla in the novel of the same name grew attached to the main female character Laura who was a mortal human. She actually befriended her but was still killing and feeding off the blood of her victims.

I really want to read Carmilla someday. It's a classic vampire novel just like Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Yeah, there's different kinds of vampires. Usually the recently undead, usually a woman victim, comes back as a bloodthirsty zombie, only slightly able to try to trick a victim. The Dracula is usually given more brains and cunning for some reason, really making them two different creatures.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yeah, there's different kinds of vampires. Usually the recently undead, usually a woman victim, comes back as a bloodthirsty zombie, only slightly able to try to trick a victim. The Dracula is usually given more brains and cunning for some reason, really making them two different creatures.
I guess you mean the "ancient" or "head" vampire vs the "lesser" vampires which are usually their fed-on victims who come back to life as vampires. Yeah the lesser ones always do seem to be weaker.

I guess the older the vampire the more powerful and cunning they are.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Banned

In interview with a vampire, Louie is totally against killing for so long and then finally sir comes to his urge to feed on human blood. Also, it was under other circumstances, but in The Lost Boys, Michael didn't want to kill anyone either.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
In interview with a vampire, Louie is totally against killing for so long and then finally sir comes to his urge to feed on human blood. Also, it was under other circumstances, but in The Lost Boys, Michael didn't want to kill anyone either.
Neither did Star from what I remember.

And I think that movie explained that a person suffering under the effects of vampirism could be cured if the head vampire was destroyed before they themselves fed on a victim.

That's basically how Harker's wife Mina was cured in the novel Dracula.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 10-15-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:24 PM
This is a test

Seriously love the name "Mina".
Old 10-15-2018, 05:33 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Seriously love the name "Mina".
Yeah it's pretty but I keep wanting to call her "Nina".
Old 10-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Evil Dead

My eyes refuse to accept my new reality...they close and my hands lay flat over them as the sockets fill with tears.