Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Misanthrope

The Grey

Much better than I was expecting. Really enjoyed it. Tense, well paced and the cast did the great script justice.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Evil Dead

Phase 7: Nice Argentinian infection movie. I had to kind of giggle at the lead characters S.O.D. t-shirt.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:11 AM
From The Beyond

Manhunt/Rovdyr (2008) Ok norweigian thriller with a lot of action involving people being chased through trap infested woods. Pretty gory and reasonable.

The Bloody Judge (1970) Jess Franco film set during the end of the stuart period in england just before William and Mary took to crown. It shows the atrocities committed by the state at the time treating rebels like witches giving them the same torturous treatment. Not bad.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Evil Dead

Scream 4
I didn't want to see this. I thought it was going to be an atypical sequel like Scream 2 and 3. And after watching My Soul to Take a few months ago, I didn't want to waste another 90 minutes seeing if Wes Craven still has it. But I relented and I'm glad I did. Good pacing and story. A few good twists, and bit of social commentary thrown in for good measure.There was only one thing I disliked about this movie. Rory Culkin. He's so ugly it's distracting. I had to pause the movie a few times and try to comprehend how weird looking he is, and why anyone what put him in a movie for other people to see.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Banned

the thing

i really enjoyed this.not usually into new sifi alein shit but this was pretty damn good :)
Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 PM
That fucking Guy...

Started watching "Stakeland".
I actually quite like it. They haven't gone overboard on the gore and the vampires look great. I also like the "mankind breaking down" threat of erratic humans thrown into the mix as well.
It's a nice looking film, isn't overly complex, but draws you in all the same.
I'd recommend at least a hire.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:46 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
Sounds like something I have to seek out. Early 70's stuff was pretty good if I recall correctly.
It is really good I hope you enjoy it. It is very much of it's time but I still loved it
Old 03-18-2012, 02:47 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadliquor View Post
Scream 4
I didn't want to see this. I thought it was going to be an atypical sequel like Scream 2 and 3. And after watching My Soul to Take a few months ago, I didn't want to waste another 90 minutes seeing if Wes Craven still has it. But I relented and I'm glad I did. Good pacing and story. A few good twists, and bit of social commentary thrown in for good measure.There was only one thing I disliked about this movie. Rory Culkin. He's so ugly it's distracting. I had to pause the movie a few times and try to comprehend how weird looking he is, and why anyone what put him in a movie for other people to see.
I wasn't too keen on My Soul To Take either but I may check this out I have very low expectations but from what you say I may enjoy it cheers :)
Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I wasn't too keen on My Soul To Take either but I may check this out I have very low expectations but from what you say I may enjoy it cheers :)
Definitely give it a try. It's not Nightmare on Elm street or Serpent and the Rainbow, but it isn't Wes's worst effort.

Watched Leprechaun in the Hood. To say it's my favorite Leprechaun movie, isn't really saying much at all. But for a movie that went straight to video, it's pretty good.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Evil is Better

Drive

The ads made me think this was going to be more epic and exciting. It was fun and enjoyable though.

Something Wicked This Way Comes

I havent watched this since i was younger. I think i found it more enjoyable then but it's still good.

The Caller

Pleasantly surprised by this one. Good story, good acting and generally creepy at times.