Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Hellraiser

Phantasm is one of my absolute favourites. It's a great movie!
I watched the first and the second one again the other day and the second one is really great aswell. I am going to watch the third and fourth tomorrow.
I have the "Ball box" from Anchor Bay and also the first one on a separate DVD and the three first on a VHS box and the first and second one on Laserdisc and the first and second one on seperate VHS. Great movies!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Evil Dead

Here's something I thought I'd throw out there...

*You guys think Phantasm 5
a: Will happen as rumoured?
b: Will be any better'n 4? (Only one I didn't like)

Also, I was wondering...the second through fourth installments used footage that MUST have been taken shortly after the time of the first, eg, the kid was still young at the time.
Does anyone know how this came about? Were the sequels originally planned a lot sooner? Was it cut scenes (kinda like the one at the beginning of #2 COULD have been) or just "let's shoot this" stock footage that never got used?
I just find it hard to imagine anyone having the foresight to do this.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Don't close your eyes

The Phantasm movies are great for their time. Best horror of all time, no a great story though. The tall man is scary, he looks scary and sounds scary. How many people his age do you see that would scare you like that?. I mean what the hell is he really? a spirit, an alien, does anyone here know?, because i don't. I think that is the appeal of the movies, so many questions and hypotheticals that you ask yourself after seeing it.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Hellraiser

People who get upset about the story are people who want everything to be perfectly understandable. They don't want to think on their own.
The whole story (even though it has some unlogical things in it) is great. Mysterious and fascinating. Angus Scrimm as the Tall Man is perfect, what a great character! I watched the third movie yesterday and it's really, really good. Not as good as the first one but I think it might be as good as the second one!
One of the reason I like ot so much is because A. Michael Baldwin is back playing Mike and Bill Thornbury is back playing Jody! I really didn't like James LeGros playing Mike in the second movie.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Plaguewind Send a message via MSN to Plaguewind
Well, I do love the Phantasm series... Though I must say I didn't like the fourth movie THAT much.

Just one curious thing... Is it just my bad memory (after all, I haven't watched the movies in... Well... Ages) or is it really only in the fourth movie that Michael starts to wonder why the hell the tall man does all the things he does?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Evil Dead

Rank The Phantasm Films

Hello all, I've had an account here for a while but for some reason forgot to post until I looked through my e-mails and saw I had a membership here, so I decided to drop by. Any fans of Phantasm here? It's my favorite Horror series and one that never gets the recognition it truly deserves. Rank all four movies of this series in your order of preference.

My ranking:

Phantasm II
Phantasm
Phantasm IV: Oblivion
Phantasm III: Lord Of The Dead

I love them all very much though, a very rare series where every entry is really good.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:56 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Mine:
Phantasm
Phantasm II
Phantasm 3 + 4 = TIE

I thought 3 was way too goofy but had some cool stuff. I thought 4 had a good tone but it felt rushed and slapped together.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 07-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Evil Dead

The fifth one might finally be made this year, hope it happens. There's been articles floating around online about it.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Misanthrope

1. Phantasm II
2. Phantasm
3. Phantasm III
4. Phantasm IV

Waited ages to see the fourth film but it was pretty disappointing definitely agree with the sentiments of it being rushed and slapped together.

There's been talk of the fifth film for awhile now but I think it's dead in the water.

Really great series of films. The second film is one of the seminal flicks that made me delve into horror in a big way.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Evil Dead

Actually, there was news just very recently on a fifth movie happening, right here: http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61233