Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-08-2006, 04:21 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Back to the Future

How do you review one of the best, most famous comedies of all time? What is there that hasn't already been said? I suppose I could comment on how amazingly well-written the plot is, how everything fits together perfectly and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Or, I could mention how hilarious it is; the subtle jokes like Lone Pine Mall, the absurdity of some of the characters, the expression on Crispin Glover's face. Perhaps I could say how incredible the effects are, and say how great it is that they still hold up today. After that, I could say something about how these are the characters that Micheal J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd will always be remembered for. That would link in to the fun 80's soundtrack. Then I could end the review by saying how much I love the ending, how it almost makes you want to grab the sequel of the shelf right away. Oh well, I guess it's all been said before...

9/10
Old 04-08-2006, 04:28 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by hammerfan
Is this the one with Tom Berenger?
YES...It is...And, it's amazing...It isn't really horror, and it's STILL awesome....That says a lot for ME:)

Seriously...I recommend it to everyone

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 04-08-2006, 05:42 AM
Misanthrope

Child's Play 3
Old 04-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
Appleseed - fantastic anime ... impressive.
The 97' or 04' version?
Old 04-08-2006, 07:35 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Scream

*Huge Spoilers*

I'm probably the last horror fan on Earth to see this movie, and I'll admit was wasn't expecting much. Amazingly enough, it was worth the wait! As I expected, the smug attitude was really annoying, but not as bad as I expected. Another thing I didn't like was the supermarket scene. How stupid can it get? Dressed up like that in a supermarket, the day after a double murder. Nobody's going to notice that (heavy sarcasm). I though the ending was really cool though. I had the twist partially figured out, but I really didn't think it was Billy. I did figure there was more than one killer, but I fell for the obvious red-herring of Randy...I guess I just underestimated Craven, didn't think he'd twist it too much. The deaths were great, I especially liked Tatum's death, though the scene leading up to it was pretty stupid. Overall, this was surprisingly good, though Craven's smugness does get pretty bothersome.

8/10

Last edited by The_Return; 04-08-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Tenant

Yah, Return, I love Scream. I think it's one of the movies that gets the most unfair categorizing.

Anyway, I watched A Clockwork Orange last night for the gazillionth time.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:25 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Werewolf of London

I started watching this once, and fell asleep within the first 10 minutes. Today I decided to watch it properly, and I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as Universal's later "The Wolf Man", but still a good film in it's own right. Henry Hull made a good werewolf, though he wasn't nearly as easy to sympathize with as Cheney Jr.'s later portrayal. I really liked the plot, very different than most werewolf flicks. I especially liked the fact that there were two werewolves present, though we only get to see one transform. Most of the transformations were pretty run-of-the-mill, but the walking transformation was phenomenal. This film's main flaw was it's pacing; even at barely over an hour in length, it seems to drag on very badly. Overall if you're a fan of werewolves, this early feature is a good one to check out.

7/10
Old 04-08-2006, 11:19 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Beetlejuice

Considering Im a huge fan of Tim Burton, I knew Id like this before I even popped it in the DVD player. I dont really know why I put off seeing it for so long, but Im glad I finally got around to it! The whole film has that great Burton style that we all know and love, only perhaps a touch more macabre than usual. Keaton completly steals the show in a relativly small role as the title character, a rude, crude, self-proclaimed "Bio-Exorcist". The effects are amazing, the various hauntings looked great! Baldwin and Davis both did great in their roles, especially near the end. All the creatures and charaters from the afterlife were very cool. My only gripe with this movie is how long they waited to introduce the title character. Not a huge problem, but I would have liked to see more of Keaton. Overall if you're a fan of Burton don't go any longer without seeing this movie!

8.5/10
Old 04-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Frailty

Dark City

Predator 2

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac

Last edited by scouse mac; 04-08-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:36 PM
occasional fish

I saw Red Eye last night. I thought it was a decent movie. I don't know what it is about Cillian Murphy but he is creepy-looking.