Old 10-23-2009, 09:33 AM
I Am Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrount View Post
i saw it a few weeks ago and i have to say it was good. better than the original.
I cant compare it to the original because I dont really consider it a remake. Jason wasnt in the original (not counting the infamous lake scene) so I guess you could call this one a re-imagining more then a straight on remake. Both have very little in common IMO and should not be compared like they are the same movie.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via MSN to TwistedWitch
I started watching this with high hopes as I enjoyed the remake of 'Halloween'
but ended up being disappointed due to findng it pretty mediocre and predictable.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Minister of the Sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13thfan View Post
I cant compare it to the original because I dont really consider it a remake. Jason wasnt in the original (not counting the infamous lake scene) so I guess you could call this one a re-imagining more then a straight on remake. Both have very little in common IMO and should not be compared like they are the same movie.
Me thinks your profile name shows you holds a mild bias... ;)
...a question; Technically, isn't every re-make a re-imagining? I don't think I've ever seen a re-make that was absolutely true and verbatim to the original. If so, what's the point of the re-make?
Ft13th (2k9 edition) sucked and here's why: I want you to imagine a cool $19,000,000.00 sitting in your bank account and the only thing you have planned for the next year is Christmas. A husky voice calls you on the phone and says: "friday13thfan (place name here), did you get that money I wired to your account? The general public has been itching for a Ft13th remake and you, being as massive a fan as you are, are the only man knowledgeable enough in this series to create it. What do you envision the 2009 edition Friday the 13th, being like?"
Would your end result be anything close to what Hollywood has done or would it be a genuinely unique experience that followed in the footsteps of it's predecessor?

...think about it.

--The Piz is watching you--
Old 10-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I Am Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1zl3 View Post
Me thinks your profile name shows you holds a mild bias... ;)
...a question; Technically, isn't every re-make a re-imagining? I don't think I've ever seen a re-make that was absolutely true and verbatim to the original. If so, what's the point of the re-make?
Ft13th (2k9 edition) sucked and here's why: I want you to imagine a cool $19,000,000.00 sitting in your bank account and the only thing you have planned for the next year is Christmas. A husky voice calls you on the phone and says: "friday13thfan (place name here), did you get that money I wired to your account? The general public has been itching for a Ft13th remake and you, being as massive a fan as you are, are the only man knowledgeable enough in this series to create it. What do you envision the 2009 edition Friday the 13th, being like?"
Would your end result be anything close to what Hollywood has done or would it be a genuinely unique experience that followed in the footsteps of it's predecessor?

...think about it.
Oh I'm not saying it was great or anything or even good. The plot was predictable and the kills not very unique. I like Jason himself more then the movie itself. Also this screenname was picked when i was 13 back in 03 so my taste have changed, though voorhees will always be my fav slasher. Mine would follow more in the steps of the predecessor with lots of studying of all the paramount films but with minor changes to breath new life into the series but not go overboard with it.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Mr. Scream

Night Of the Living Dead 1990 is almost a verbatim version of the 1968 classic...lol
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
I thought it was good, and a lot less boring than some of the other Friday films. Everyone seems to complain that the remake had a lack of plot, but what about the old films? Aside from the first movie, there was no real plot. Does anyone watch Jason flicks for quality storyline? =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 11-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Mr. Scream

Lmao...good point posher, but the idea to have "Jason Voorhees" hold a girl hostage the whole movie, is rediculous in itself. When in history have tou known Jason to not kill anyone he comes in contact with, or surely not grab them and lock him/her in a cage somewhere in the woods for later. and jason took a girl closer her up in a sleeping bag, tied rope around her feet, rigged it to a tree, set up a fire...oh, he koew her boyfriend would be back so he rigged a bear trap in his path and sat back and watched huh?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror Guy View Post
Lmao...good point posher, but the idea to have "Jason Voorhees" hold a girl hostage the whole movie, is rediculous in itself. When in history have tou known Jason to not kill anyone he comes in contact with, or surely not grab them and lock him/her in a cage somewhere in the woods for later. and jason took a girl closer her up in a sleeping bag, tied rope around her feet, rigged it to a tree, set up a fire...oh, he koew her boyfriend would be back so he rigged a bear trap in his path and sat back and watched huh?
True, but when has Jason not had good kill luck like that? No one ever gets away from Jason (heroes excluded, obviously), and most of the people walk RIGHT into traps. Bear traps included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Mr. Scream

normally he kills with random weapons then display the corpse for some unlucky camper to stumble across. she was burning alive, noone ever gets to see him kill his victims (very rare) but they come across the body(hanging from a tree, nailed to a door,etc.).
Old 11-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
I thought it was good, and a lot less boring than some of the other Friday films. Everyone seems to complain that the remake had a lack of plot, but what about the old films? Aside from the first movie, there was no real plot. Does anyone watch Jason flicks for quality storyline? =/
Part 6 had a decent enough story, and is by far the best in the series.