Old 09-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Those damn comics...

It's kind of a long read (kind of?) but for anyone who doesn't mind reading for a bit, this is a chapter from a book entitled Comic Books and the Psycho-Sexual Development of Children. If you've ever wanted to learn the connection between comic books, sadism, child prostitution and homosexuality... this is the piece for you.

http://www.uiowa.edu/~c008171/robspa...i_chapt07.html

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:15 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
"In very young children comic books set up confusion and create a sadistic interpretation of sex. Ronnie, a six-year-old comic-book addict attending the Clinic, often played with a boy a year or so older who lived downstairs in the same house. One day this playmate took a little girl and Ronnie into his room and proceeded to take off the girl's clothes. Ronnie watched a bit, then ran upstairs excitedly, told his mother all about what he had seen and asked her, "What's he going to do to her - choke her?""

I shouldn't have laughed at that, but I did.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:29 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
I don't like the article at all really. I can make anything look bad if I only talk to the fucked up kids.

Quote:
A boy from a well-to-do family was referred to me for psychotherapy after he had become very inattentive in his studies. During treatment he told me once that he and three other boys, fifteen and sixteen years old, used to go to a candy store in the neighborhood where they ate ice-cream cones, bought comic books and talked big. One evening in one of the boy's parents' car they drove from the suburb where they lived to Broadway. There they picked up a young prostitute and took her to the home of one of the boys whose parents were away. Two of them had intercourse with her and various sexual experiments were tried out, the girl being very co-operative. They paid her five dollars each. After that, all four went out with her in the car to drive her back to Broadway as they had promised. On the way they had a bright idea. They stopped the car, pounced upon the girl and while one held her forcibly around the neck the others beat her unmercifully about the face and body. They went through her handbag and took out all her money. One boy, hitting her in the face, said to her, "You are too independent!" The girl did not fight back. She just sat and cried and said it was not fair after she had been so nice to them. Then they left her at a subway station, with just enough money to pay her fare. This is comic-book stuff.
Nah, that's fucked up kid stuff.

Not that I feel the need to defend comic books, but I think the whole thing is a little off. I might not be the best person to talk to about comic books, but I still know what they're going for.

Old 09-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
but I still know what they're going for.
Yeah...shitty, inattentive parents that haven't taught their kid any sense of responsibility, looking for another medium to blame for their own parental inadequacy. We've all seen horror get blamed many a time, games, and now comics.
It's a ridiculous viewpoint and ultimately detrimental in how they deal with the perpetrators of these kinds of acts.
It's like having your kid slash a cats throat, and patting them on the back saying "there there, I know it wasn't YOUR fault.", if you take the blame off the kid, I'd say the likelihood of a recurrence would be that much moreso.
If your kid does this kind of stuff, they were headfucked BEFORE reading comics, playing games, or seeing any movies, and the only way to fix that, is to at least acknowledge that there was an underlying problem in the first place.
There sure is a lot of stupid fucking people that can't see past their own bullshit...usually over-religious fucking nutjobs.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Image of the Invisible

Quote:
Her followers are the "Holliday girls," i.e. the holiday girls, the gay party girls, the gay girls. Wonder Woman refers to them as "my girls." Their attitude about death and murder is a mixture of the callousness of crime comics with the coyness of sweet little girls. When one of the Holliday girls is thought to have drowned through the machinations of male enemies, one of them says: "Honest, I'd give the last piece of candy in the world to bring her back!"
That's the funniest part.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Essay....boring... (I've read a few like it... you know how it goes when you're in the doctor's office).

Let me just say:

Parents need to be involved with their kids life:

Social- know the kids they run with and know their parents

School- know the teachers and if they're shit or not. (I got some very very very sadistic teachers in elementary school...did you?) Find out what they'er allowing in the classroom or problems in the classroom.

Go to every meeting/open house, introduce yourself to parents.

Communication- TALK TO YOUR CHILD FOR GOD'S SAKE!

This is the hard one... If your child starts exhibitting abnormal behavior, get them to a doctor/therapist.

Don't accept medication as the only solution. Try some good solid therapy first. Only medicate a child if there does not seem to be an alternative. (Goddess, saying "medicate a child" sounds dirty, doesn't it? It makes me feel dirty proposing it.)

Society needs to take responsibility for it's own actions. These antihomosexual or just sexual ideals come from one side of society that can't accept a world where other people disagree with them. Also, they LOVE to pass the back. Homosexuality is not a learned behavior. Trust me. I know.

Last edited by Haunted; 09-29-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Image of the Invisible

Quote:
Originally posted by Haunted
Essay....boring... (I've read a few like it... you know how it goes when you're in the doctor's office).
It's actually a chapter from a book, but I get your point.

You were one of the folks I'd hope would read it though.:(

Old 09-29-2005, 08:06 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
I'm sorry. I'll read it today, just for you. Then I'll try to come out with something specific instead of just general.

I've got some stuff to do, but I'll read it. I'll probably print it out first, though.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:07 AM
No charge for awesomeness

I didn't go read the article but I read this whole thread and caught the parts people posted.

Everything's already been said that I would say, (Mostly by cheeba and Haunted for placing the blame where it belongs and by murderdoll for laughing where I would have laughed.) so I'll be as brief as possible...

Those kids are fucked up, but it's not from the comic books. It's from shitty parenting.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Image of the Invisible

Quote:
Originally posted by Haunted
I'm sorry. I'll read it today, just for you. Then I'll try to come out with something specific instead of just general.
Sweet.

(giggles and shakes fists in front of face)