Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-28-2015, 05:52 PM
Lexi

Thumbs up VHS Collection

Some of my horror VHS collection. What are some of your favorites?

Old 08-28-2015, 11:30 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

*drools* Your collection is beauuuuutiful. I have a lot of VHS's, but since my parent's aren't big horror fans and I only recently got the means to buy my own things, I'm only really starting my own collection. Goodwill is my favorite hotspot and I always come home with some great stuff.

Out of the corner of my eye my puny collection contains:
Halloween
Hellboy
Island of Dr. Moreau
Thir13en Ghosts (new one i guess)
Blair Witch
Scream
A few classic Godzilla films I can't read them from here
Fri13th pts 1, 2, and 3 (recorded)
American Psycho
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Motel Hell (recorded)
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (recorded)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (recorded)
Haunted Honeymoon, if you want to count it. it's more of a comedy (recorded)
A lot of classic Scooby-Doo tapes because I refuse to outgrow them (some really awesome monsters and background art in this show!).
Goosebumbs episode Werewolf of Fever Swamp (recorded)

My collection is a bit everywhere so I need to organize and edit my list later. I doubt I have much more of interest to add (trying to stick with horror themes).

AND. Because I can't find them at Goodwill whenever I'm there! I just recently bought from EBay a few werewolf movies. American Werewolf in London, Howling (I & IV), Tomb of the Werewolf, and The Werewolf Reborn (1998). I actually haven't seen the last one that I can remember. I might just not recognize the packaging but I know I haven't got it in my collection of VHS or DVD so I got it too since it was cheap.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!

Last edited by Roiffalo; 08-28-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:02 AM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadmaiden View Post

Some of my horror VHS collection. What are some of your favorites?

Wow that's beautiful.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Immortal horror fan

I didn't know that people still collected VHS. I only keep the ones that aren't released on DVD, have good covers, or just nostalgia value. I'm slow but I'm upgrading all the time. But that's still a good looking collection. I see Terminator in there. I still have that one.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Lexi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Wow that's beautiful.
Thanks so much man!

Old 08-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Lexi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I didn't know that people still collected VHS. I only keep the ones that aren't released on DVD, have good covers, or just nostalgia value. I'm slow but I'm upgrading all the time. But that's still a good looking collection. I see Terminator in there. I still have that one.
I hear ya! I collect movies on DVD too, but lately I have just been focusing on expanding my VHS collection. Right now I am on the hunt for Wizard Video VHS tapes.

Thanks a lot! Appreciate it.
The Terminator=pure greatness. Haha... although, I do prefer Terminator 2 over the first one.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Lexi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
*drools* Your collection is beauuuuutiful. I have a lot of VHS's, but since my parent's aren't big horror fans and I only recently got the means to buy my own things, I'm only really starting my own collection. Goodwill is my favorite hotspot and I always come home with some great stuff.

Out of the corner of my eye my puny collection contains:
Halloween
Hellboy
Island of Dr. Moreau
Thir13en Ghosts (new one i guess)
Blair Witch
Scream
A few classic Godzilla films I can't read them from here
Fri13th pts 1, 2, and 3 (recorded)
American Psycho
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Motel Hell (recorded)
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (recorded)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (recorded)
Haunted Honeymoon, if you want to count it. it's more of a comedy (recorded)
A lot of classic Scooby-Doo tapes because I refuse to outgrow them (some really awesome monsters and background art in this show!).
Goosebumbs episode Werewolf of Fever Swamp (recorded)

My collection is a bit everywhere so I need to organize and edit my list later. I doubt I have much more of interest to add (trying to stick with horror themes).

AND. Because I can't find them at Goodwill whenever I'm there! I just recently bought from EBay a few werewolf movies. American Werewolf in London, Howling (I & IV), Tomb of the Werewolf, and The Werewolf Reborn (1998). I actually haven't seen the last one that I can remember. I might just not recognize the packaging but I know I haven't got it in my collection of VHS or DVD so I got it too since it was cheap.

Awesome. I absolutely LOVE Motel Hell. "It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent fritters." Hahaha

I collect all things Goosebumps. I just scored this sweet haunted mask patch from a company called Cavity Colors.

Thrift stores/goodwill are the best ways to find cheap deals. I collect video games as well so that's where I find some of the best prices. Ebay has some good deals for tapes too. You can score some great lots. I won my Nail Gun Massacre VHS for $8.00 on a bid. Sometimes I get lucky haha.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:07 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Mine is boxed up and in the attic of my mothers house. There may be about 3 times the tapes then pictured but they aren't all horror. I collected exploitation, blaxploitation and martial arts stuff.

The majority of them are old british pre-vra ex-rentals.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:04 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadmaiden View Post
Awesome. I absolutely LOVE Motel Hell. "It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent fritters." Hahaha

I collect all things Goosebumps. I just scored this sweet haunted mask patch from a company called Cavity Colors.

Thrift stores/goodwill are the best ways to find cheap deals. I collect video games as well so that's where I find some of the best prices. Ebay has some good deals for tapes too. You can score some great lots. I won my Nail Gun Massacre VHS for $8.00 on a bid. Sometimes I get lucky haha.
Absolutely epic

Sweet! I have a 3-in-1 graphic novel for Werewolf of Fever Swamp, Scarecrow Walks at Midnight, and... something about a yeti idk. Obvisouly got it for my werewolf collection though ^^;
I do have a good number of the books from my childhood. My sister and cousins try to get rid of them but they only end up in my possession.
(missing werewolf skin and werewolf in the living room but I have at least read them)

Right on! I try to avoid ebay unless there's something particular I'm after or I leave with an empty bank account. Much like Goodwill actually but they have better prices. Can't stop singing the praises for Goodwill omfg. I got almost every non-recorded horror in my collection from there, and a lot of other additions for my Batman stash.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!