Old 12-12-2013, 04:54 AM
Evil Dead

Indiana Jones

Any fans of this series here? It's one of my all-time favorite series and I love all the films very much in their own way, even the much-maligned fourth chapter. Disney recently bought the rights to more films, I'm excited. My ranking for the series is probably quite untraditional and controversial, but it goes:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

I think in a lot of ways Raiders is truly the best one, though I find Temple Of Doom to be the most entertaining. I actually go back and forth on Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. I like The Last Crusade but it tends to be my least favorite due to being so deriative of the original, though it's still a tremendous film.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Evil Dead

one of my all time favorite film franchises. "Raiders" is my favorite, but I love "Temple Of Doom".
"Last Crusade" is probably my least favorite, and , yes I enjoyed " Crystal Skulls".
Old 12-12-2013, 07:42 PM

Love this series. Can watch them over & over again & again.

Raiders my favorite!:scared to death:

Love them all but Last Crusade would be my fourth choice. But I still think that it is great especially with Sean Connery as Dad.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:02 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Any fans of this series here? It's one of my all-time favorite series and I love all the films very much in their own way, even the much-maligned fourth chapter. Disney recently bought the rights to more films, I'm excited. My ranking for the series is probably quite untraditional and controversial, but it goes:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

I think in a lot of ways Raiders is truly the best one, though I find Temple Of Doom to be the most entertaining. I actually go back and forth on Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. I like The Last Crusade but it tends to be my least favorite due to being so deriative of the original, though it's still a tremendous film.
Raiders is one of my all-time favorite films. I think all the sequels paled in comparison, though I enjoyed them all.

Temple delivered on the exotic, but that wore off. Thought it was formulaic and a bit too much of a caricature of Raiders. I found the ending of Temple disappointing.

I liked Crusade a bit better than the other 2 sequels. I thought it was a bit more thoughtful and original. The scene of Indy backing into Hitler is all-time film classic.

Monkey Skull was a tad bit forgettable to me. The atom bomb scene was memorable, the rest not so much.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Evil Puppy

One of my favorite part about the Indiana Jones movies are the obstacles he faces. I remember watching Crystal Skull around the same time Iron Man (which had its share of great moments don't get me wrong) came out and noticing such a difference between the small amount of adversity Iron Man had to face compared to Indie. Stark had a tough time in the beginning, leveled everything, and then had an anti-climatic "boss fight". The antagonists in the Jones films are always on his tail and there's really no breathing room.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Evil Dead

Good to see there's other fans here :) I still got to get the Blu-ray set of all four that came out last year.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Evil Dead

On a related note, what's everyone's favorite action scene in the series? The mine cart chase in Temple Of Doom is mine by a big margin. Still an incredible scene and one I always look forward to every time I watch the film.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

One of my favourite trilogies ever. Next to Jaws, Raiders was my most memorable childhood cinema experience.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:16 AM
For Vendetta

One of my most cherished series. Can watch all 4 movies umpteen times and never get bored.

1) Raiders
2) Last Crusade
3) Temple of Doom
4) Crystal Skull

TBH, I have forgotten most bits of Crystal Skull, except that fantastic CGI-filled ending. As for chase sequences, three immediately come to mind:

1) Indy on a horse taking on ze Germans and their tanks to rescue Dad Connery in Last Crusade,

2) Young Indy being chased over a moving train (with bogies filled with circus shows, one had a snakes pit) in Last Crusade.

3) Indy and Dad Connery chased by Germans in motorcycles, again in Last Crusade.

Not so much as a chase sequence, but the one in Raiders where they are running around the streets of Cairo with Karen Allen loaded into a tall basket, culminating with the vegetable market scene.

Another good one is at the beginning of Raiders - Indy, booby traps, huge chasing boulder, natives and Belloq.

Last edited by _____V_____; 12-22-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

just like Star Wars, i really only like the first one ..