Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Evil Dead

Dylann Roof

The person that runs one of my fantasy football leagues is also very involved in research regarding white supremacists(to simplify a much more complicated story) like Dylann Roof. He did an interview with Salon about it.

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/24/behi...of_armageddon/
Old 06-24-2015, 05:55 PM
Horror Fan

Question

Awful history but how do we go about rehabilitating him into a productive member of society?

Old 06-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Awful history but how do we go about rehabilitating him into a productive member of society?
I wonder how much exposure to non-whites he has had, in person I mean. Not on the television/in movies/music. Getting exposed to real people could do a lot. As for rehab, dunno. If convicted I assume he'll be in jail permanently.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
It's too late for a rehabilitation. Unless there are some drastic circumstances of him growing up in a horrible situation. I guess lawyers will attempt to drag something up if they want to save him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
I wonder how much exposure to non-whites he has had, in person I mean. Not on the television/in movies/music. Getting exposed to real people could do a lot. As for rehab, dunno. If convicted I assume he'll be in jail permanently.
Some people are just evil. But they won't openly say it unless they are around people they trust. Being exposed to other people might not help. I've known people who seem decent but in private tell me all sorts of stuff.

I would assume almost automatic death penalty. Someone who had guns in the US told me that even with the law to carry. Unless you are a police officer there are still places you can't carry a gun. Places like schools, playgrounds, and churches.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:04 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
His room mate was black and he said they got along great. He told the news that they hung out a lot and he never once heard Dylan say anything racist. There is something deeper happening here. Maybe he got involved with some sort of cult or something. Maybe the conspiracy theories are right and the government brain washed him into doing in order to make another stand against gun rights. Its death for this one, regardless.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 06-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
It's too late for a rehabilitation. Unless there are some drastic circumstances of him growing up in a horrible situation. I guess lawyers will attempt to drag something up if they want to save him.

Some people are just evil. But they won't openly say it unless they are around people they trust. Being exposed to other people might not help. I've known people who seem decent but in private tell me all sorts of stuff.

I would assume almost automatic death penalty. Someone who had guns in the US told me that even with the law to carry. Unless you are a police officer there are still places you can't carry a gun. Places like schools, playgrounds, and churches.

Your suggestion is this young man is some demonic goblin ala Damien?