Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Little Boo

Puppet Master Video Game?

Hey everyone, I am game developer from October Games and looking for some insight. My team and I are currently creating a project based on the Puppet Master Franchise. It is yet to be determined weather or not the game will be official but I would like to reach out to to you guys and see if a none puppet master fan would even be interested in the concept. You can check out our progress here.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/puppet-master-the-game

Would really appreciate the insight from a larger community.

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I own all the Puppet Master movies, and I would definitely be interested.

You should make it where you can choose from several of the iconic puppets to play as. Pinhead, Blade, Torch, Six-Shooter, and Leech Woman immediately come to mind.

I'm sure it could be official as Charles Band seems like the kind of guy who would do anything for a little money to keep making movies.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Little Boo

Thanks for the Reply,

Yes that is very much what the game is going to be like along with some other features. We have already talked to Full Moon about the project but nothing concrete yet. I am just seeing if people would actually want to play it. I grew up watching puppet master and loved it. So its hard for me to say whether other horror fans would be interested.

Last edited by YautjaZer0; 04-29-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: new thought
Old 04-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Banned

WOW it's just so awesome to actually have game developers at this site :)
A puppet game. Would never have thought of that. Puppets creep me out, especially since i saw dead silence. You have to see it if you haven't all ready. It's awesome.
Btw. your game looks really awesome, keep it going. But remember not to just make it a puzzle don't get caught game. It keeps tension but really gets boring over time. These games only get played by children. The people you are trying to reach are adults or teens like us. Just keep it in mind. And keep me updated :D.

ps. is it going to be free? and do you use unity or what. Please post some more info :)
Old 04-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Little Boo

Thank you for your kind words! :)

The main concept behind the game is a asymmetrical multiplayer with with one player playing as a detective working on a case based on the mysterious murders at the Bodega Bay Inn Hotel (the hotel from the movies). While the other players are playing as the puppets trying to protect Andrea Toulon's secrets from being discovered.

We are creating a concept demo as a pitch to Full Moon and Charles Band to see if they will allow us to create it with the licence to make it an official release. We will be releasing that demo to the public in Late July early August this year so keep your eyes peeled ;)

Thanks for you feed back it is very appreciated!

Oh and yes i have seen Dead Silence and it was very creepy ;)
Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Little Boo

The demo will be posted here.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/puppet-master-the-game

If all goes well with Full Moon then we will post the demo on steam along with the official release once it is done.