Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge

Old 04-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Mortuary is a really overlooked flick along with Alone In The Dark great stuff for sure. Not a big fan of the Saw stuff but thought High Tension and MSP were decent.
To me I dont being and maybe writing some reviews,but if its horror and I have been enticed by the movie I am all good than and dont really care about the opinions of the critics and I am most likely to get lost in the movie.

Saw franchise I dig so much because I get lost in that world just like my other horror movie loves.

High Tension I heart as well as Murder set Pieces.

But my love is reserved for Black Christmas the original and a handful of others.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Misanthrope

Oh yeh fuck critics when it comes to horror.

I actually caught Saw IV last night and quite enjoyed it. While there not the greatest they still are entertaining. That bit with the druggie guy was awesome haha.

I guess I just get pissed at how the studios are basically turning out Saw/Hostel styled stuff and remakes instead of more original stuff. Still the odd gem pops out here and there.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
There are few critics with any sort of genre perspective. You'd think Roger Ebert, a dude that worked for Russ Meyer would have some sense of cult film appreciation, but nope. He doesnt'. But, the biggest retard genre wise would have to be Leonard Maltin.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Oh yeh fuck critics when it comes to horror. :D:cool:

I actually caught Saw IV last night and quite enjoyed it. While there not the greatest they still are entertaining. That bit with the druggie guy was awesome haha. HEHEHE for sur dog

I guess I just get pissed at how the studios are basically turning out Saw/Hostel styled stuff and remakes instead of more original stuff. Still the odd gem pops out here and there.
For sur,the Saw franchise I mention only caus of the blood and torture,and for sur dig my bro Jigsaw:cool:
Old 04-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
There are few critics with any sort of genre perspective. You'd think Roger Ebert, a dude that worked for Russ Meyer would have some sense of cult film appreciation, but nope. He doesnt'. But, the biggest retard genre wise would have to be Leonard Maltin.
:)You said rigth bro for sur,I dumbfounded by crits and such.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Yeh it's like Ebert was just slumming it till something more legit came along. There are very few champions of the genre Chas Baulin (R.I.P) kicked the ball off however and there's some good writing on horror/exploitation in rags like Ultra Violent.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Evil Dead

Nice name *lol*...welcome!
Old 04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned

Hey horrorsniped:)thanks for the lol welcome.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:15 AM
For Vendetta

Welcome back, thebeyond105 aka Derek.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

Hi Yo Mr._______________V________________ wassup?thanks for the strange welcome and I am delighted to be here:):cool: