Old 09-19-2003, 07:07 AM
Hellraiser

Underworld is out tody - who's seen it?

Vampires vs. Werewolves, right?

Anyone seen it yet? I might try to go tonight.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Gevauden

Underworld: Romeo and Juliet with twice the stabbings!

I just saw "Underworld" and its not half bad. Yes, it is the illigitimate child of "The Matrix" and "Blade", but the concept is cool, werewolves look awesome and the vampires are killer. Nice history on these two age old creatures and their rivalry. Check it out; worth the money.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Ekimmu

I just got done checking out the Underworld website. Looks like it should be a pretty good movie. The website is cool. It has a timeline that gives a lot of reports of werewolf and vampire incidents throughout history. I hope to be able to see the movie on Sunday or Monday.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:42 AM
Hellraiser

Re: Underworld: Romeo and Juliet with twice the stabbings!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gevauden
I just saw "Underworld" and its not half bad. Yes, it is the illigitimate child of "The Matrix" and "Blade", but the concept is cool, werewolves look awesome and the vampires are killer. Nice history on these two age old creatures and their rivalry. Check it out; worth the money.
Thanks for the info, I didn't get out to see it last night. :(

I think I'll try to see it next week instead of on the weekend.

I like the imagery of Blade 2 and Matrix, so it sounds like it might be worth seeing just for the visuals.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:46 PM
Prosper761

Thumbs down

What a piece of crap! What could have been a very cool concept movie was actually a shameless mess, filled with inane dialog, terrible acting and a plot so threadbare, the director had to fill it up with ridiculous Matrix-style action sequences which were played at a headache-inducing volume. Filmed using every blue gel in eastern Europe, it was an ugly, silly waste of celluloid. Shame on everyone involved in this movie.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Hellraiser

I loved it, but then again I didn't expect the horror Lawrence of Arabia.

I think from now on, every movie I see that has a gun in it, I'm going to say it's a Charles Bronson rip-off. You know, since now every movie with stylized action in it is a Matrix rip-off. Kill Bill is a Shaw Brothers, Chiba, Lee, samurai, western, hong kong rip-off, but I don't see anyone complaining.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:38 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah, so long as you know what you're getting into "Underworld" isn't half bad. It isn't half good either but you know....
I liked it. It was incredibly stylish and I kind of liked the history element to it. Don't get me wrong, its not a great movie, not even really a good movie but its fun and OH GOD, Kate Beckinsale is my new favorite for life! In her leather outfit she puts Carrie Ann-Moss to shame....now THAT'S a feat!
Old 10-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean1605
I loved it, but then again I didn't expect the horror Lawrence of Arabia.

I think from now on, every movie I see that has a gun in it, I'm going to say it's a Charles Bronson rip-off. You know, since now every movie with stylized action in it is a Matrix rip-off. Kill Bill is a Shaw Brothers, Chiba, Lee, samurai, western, hong kong rip-off, but I don't see anyone complaining.
I see where you're coming from, it's just that every movie now seems to want to be The Matrix (even though the matrix was a rip as well, you'd think they created wire-fighting or something). But a Shaw Brother's, Chiba rip hasn't been done in a LOOOONG time. Get what I'm saying. It hasn't been quite done to death.