Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
Man Drowns Two Young Daughters, Hangs Self

Montclaire, N.J.- A man drowned his two young daughters in a bathtub and hanged himself at his home, authorities said.

The bodies of the 46-year-old man and the children, ages 5 and 6, were found Thursday, just hours after the girls' mother had dropped them off for a visit, police said.

The deaths were a double-murder and suicide, Montclair Deputy Police Chief Roger Terry said.

Police went to the house after the mother became concerned because the man hadn't answered his phone and no one answered the door when she knocked, Terry said.

Officers forced the door open and found the girls fully clothed and submerged in a bathtub on the first floor. They found the man hanging in a room on the third floor.

Assemblyman Thomas Giblin, D-Essex, identified the man as Thomas Reilly, a building engineer and former bar owner. Reilly emigrated from Ireland about 15 years ago and moved into the Montclair apartment in recent months after experiencing marital difficulties, Giblin said.

"This was so out of character," Giblin said. "He was a jovial type guy. All he ever did was work hard. Something happened here—I don't know."

"This was so out of character"-- Really? Killing his children and commiting suicide was out of character? Go figure.
i demand and expect quality.
right now, once and for all.
quality time.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Alien life form

Quote:
Originally Posted by azathoth777 View Post

"This was so out of character"-- Really? Killing his children and commiting suicide was out of character? Go figure.

No.. his *behaviour* was out of character - not the actual act. :rolleyes:
Old 06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbut View Post
No.. his *behaviour* was out of character - not the actual act. :rolleyes:
Actually aside from the act itself , his behavior was normal. So I have to assume that it's the act that is out of charactor, not his behavior.
i demand and expect quality.
right now, once and for all.
quality time.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Alien life form

Quote:
Originally Posted by azathoth777 View Post
Actually aside from the act itself , his behavior was normal. So I have to assume that it's the act that is out of charactor, not his behavior.
I am assuming from *your* response that this is simply a case of depending how one looks at it!! :rolleyes:

Still a sad story, either way :(