Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-20-2013, 04:29 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Yeh but with remakes even films that werent brilliant to begin with can get worse

Take last house on the left for example
True but I'll take that chance with those, if it's the right director we might be in for a treat. Remakes have been done since way back when, they aren't anything new, take The Invasion of the Body Snatchers, the original was okay but the 78 remake with Donald Sutherland is way better.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Living Dead

True. Its just a shame when they cant leave the good ones alone. For instance the nightmare remake and friday the 13th (after kane hodder) i love kane as jason.

What was wrong with IT? (I didnt read the book)
Old 03-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
True. Its just a shame when they cant leave the good ones alone. For instance the nightmare remake and friday the 13th (after kane hodder) i love kane as jason.

Someone here once mentioned that Hodder wanted too much dime. Do you think they should have done what they did and made it anyway.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Living Dead

No the new jason is naff and according to kanes book they never even offered it to him.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
No the new jason is naff and according to kanes book they never even offered it to him.
Downright offensive. :mad:

Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:

The film was sooooo bad, too vanilla, too banal, and too earnest to do the source material any justice. The acting was horrendous, the screenplay atrocious, it got practically nothing right. READ THE BOOK, seriously, you'll see what I mean.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
The film was sooooo bad, too vanilla, too banal, and too earnest to do the source material any justice. The acting was horrendous, the screenplay atrocious, it got practically nothing right. READ THE BOOK, seriously, you'll see what I mean.
It wasn't that bad. IT is my favorite novel, not just from Stephen King, but all time and despite the fact that the movie didnt live up to the book at all i still enjoyed it in a way. I think for me i knew that they weren't going to get it right before i watched it so my expectations were low plus it was still fun in a bad sort of way. Also Tim Curry was great as Pennywise.

This is a movie i would love to see remade, i think they should do it in two parts. One part the kids, one the adults. Although that may just get repetitive. I'd also like to see it be darker.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
It wasn't that bad. IT is my favorite novel, not just from Stephen King, but all time and despite the fact that the movie didnt live up to the book at all i still enjoyed it in a way. I think for me i knew that they weren't going to get it right before i watched it so my expectations were low plus it was still fun in a bad sort of way. Also Tim Curry was great as Pennywise.

This is a movie i would love to see remade, i think they should do it in two parts. One part the kids, one the adults. Although that may just get repetitive. I'd also like to see it be darker.
I have to disagree about Tim Curry, his Pennywise was nothing like the Pennywise in the novel. It was a completely cheesy performance by a cheesy actor. The Pennywise in the novel oozes with sinister vibes, Pennywise in the miniseries does not.

The remake is suppose to be two films and much darker with an R rating. As long as I see an inclusion of the fire at the Black Spot, the Interludes, the Smoke Hole, the House on Neibolt Street, the death of Patrick Hockstetler, and the disguises of Pennywise that are in the novel, I will be happy.

Last edited by Bob Gray; 03-20-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Living Dead

Michael - if you like Kane Hodder you really need to read "Unmasked" its such an eye opener about all the pain he went through and then finding his confidence as a stuntman.

Bob - i dont think its really Tim Currys fault about pennywise. It always comes down to the director if he didnt want it to be like the original pennywise then tum couldnt really do much about that. I will have a look at the book and maybe check out the remake.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Michael - if you like Kane Hodder you really need to read "Unmasked" its such an eye opener about all the pain he went through and then finding his confidence as a stuntman.

Bob - i dont think its really Tim Currys fault about pennywise. It always comes down to the director if he didnt want it to be like the original pennywise then tum couldnt really do much about that. I will have a look at the book and maybe check out the remake.
Whether it was the director's fault or Tim's fault really doesn't matter, the fact is that the part wasn't portrayed well at all, none of the parts were. It's just a terrible adaptation of the novel.

Tags
a nightmare on elm street, freddy krueger, remake