Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Violent Kind

oh, what an ending!#$#@$%%$!!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horror fan View Post
Brake as one the worst ending, I found the most the really good but the twist kills the movie, it felt like the movie was point less and then make the twist but nail in the coffin.
yeah they tried to do too much with that ending. They should've stuck with the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
what do people think of High Tension? I loved the ending but know many folks hated it precisely because of the ending.
I'm with you, i actually really liked that ending

Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
what do people think of High Tension? I loved the ending but know many folks hated it precisely because of the ending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Yeah, the car chase scene is probably the easiest detail to pick apart once the twist is known. If you give in to the fact that many of the events in the movie are [SPOILER]from the perspective of someone who is schizophrenic and delusional[/SPOILER], then IMO, it's all acceptable. Personally, I don't mind that Aja didn't spell that out completely, leaving it up to interpretation, and to me, it's not a far-fetched conclusion to draw.

However, I do completely agree with those who say the twist was totally unnecessary. The movie was great without it, and could easily stand alone as a well executed and memorable human atrocity / slasher movie. All I'm saying is that I'm okay with the twist and it didn't ruin it for me.
If the director changed the cinematography/coloring in someway to let us know what we are seeing is different then I think the movie would be close to perfect. There are both misleading things in the movie and things that tell us who the real killer is. But on first viewing there is no way to pick out the twist. Unless you've seen this sort of movie before. But this is the only lesbian twisted obsession movie I've ever seen.[/SPOILER] I think the Switchblade Romance title is far more telling of what the movie is about.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Living Dead

Last House on the Left (2009) - I'm embarrassed FOR the director.

The film itself wasn't very good but the ending destroyed any redeemable features it might have had.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:40 AM
Joselyn

"I wont let anything come between us anymore"

Quote:
I LOVED High Tension!!! It was one of those movies that I picked up at Blockbuster just because the cover looked good and I was it was an independent horror movie kind of nights. I really wasn't expecting much. That movie literally blew my mind. I had no idea that the blonde was the killer. There was no hint and no clue what so ever. Atleast thats how I felt the first time around. The end is perfect the blonde in clearly NUTS and she doesn't want to be with out the brunette lol "I won't let anything to come between us anymore" creepiest line ever!

I personally hated the ending to "The Strangers". The movie overall was just messed up, it was so scary to think that these people where on a romantic get away and they were being harassed by some weird people. But then at the end was just awful. I understand that this is based on a true story but after these people kill this couple they drive away. And then they stop to speak with the little bible boys it weird. you don't see their faces or get any sense of closure it just ends lol I wasn't a fan lol of the ending anyways. That movie deff scared me lol
Old 03-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Sometimes dead is better

I'd say Paranormal Activity 4 had a terrible ending (which is true), but then I remembered that whole movie was terrible.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcush View Post
Hi All,

As an avid horror film fan, there is nothing more frustrating than when the film-makers completely screw up the end of the film. I have recently watched several films that I've been really enjoying and then comes a ridiculous ending that pretty much ruins the entire experience.

What are everyone's worst endings to horror films (as spoiler-free as possible)?

Mine would be:

The Last Exorcism (I found the vast majority of this film to be surprisingly entertaining, creepy and well acted, but then along comes an ending that is a completely different tone to the rest of the film and looks cut and pasted onto the end from a different movie)

Insidious (started so promisingly for me - genuinely scary and a cool idea, but then we are shown too much, and what we see is not as scary as it should have been, and the pacing seemed to be off, leaving a very poor, disappointing final act, in my opinion).

White Noise (shows way too much and doesn't work as the rest of the film did)
Hmm... I thought the ending was the best part of The Last Exorcism and absolutely loved everything about Insidious, can't wait for the sequel.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Hmm... I thought the ending was the best part of The Last Exorcism and absolutely loved everything about Insidious, can't wait for the sequel.
Nice to see someone else agrees with me. Those movies get too much hate.