Old 02-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Evil Dead

"100 Feet" with Famke Janssen

News

Famke Janssen Joins 100 Feet
Source: Arrow in the Head
February 16, 2007

Writer/director Eric Red tells Arrow in the Head that he has cast Famke Janssen ("X-Men" films, GoldenEye) in the supernatural thriller 100 Feet.

"We've been fortunate to cast Famke Janssen in the role of Marnie," says Red. "Famke is a beautiful actress of great presence and intelligence, completely dedicated to the realism of character and performance. With Famke's timeless beauty, she will bring glamour and star power to the role of Marnie, reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn in the classic 'Wait Until Dark.' I'm certain the audience will adore watching her. I'm incredibly excited. Nobody could play the part better!"

In the film, a young woman, Marnie Watson, is granted early release from her prison sentence for manslaughter (killing her husband - a violent NYC cop - in self defense) on condition she wear an electronic ankle bracelet and remain within her home, effectively under house arrest, for the remainder of her sentence. Her late husband's partner keeps tabs on her from a patrol car parked across the street, hoping she'll violate probation and he can send her back to prison. But the 100-foot radius her ankle bracelet allows isn't the worst of her problems. Her dead husband --now a malevolent ghost--is still in the house, where he died -- intent on savage revenge.

100 Feet is scheduled to start shooting in April in Brooklyn, New York and Budapest, Hungary.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Read about this thing in Fangoria. I look forward to seeing this. Eric Red is an underappreciated horror master. I can't believe he wrote the remake of the Hitcher.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Saw it months ago...special effects of the ghost were pretty lame & funny, otherwise it was just another mediocre-time passing horror flick.