Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-09-2014, 08:57 PM
No, fuck YOU

Thumbs up Haunt

Check it out.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Your wish is my command!:danger:

Though the trailer looks ordinary but as you recommended, so I will definitely going to give it a watch soon.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:57 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Your wish is my command!:danger:

Though the trailer looks ordinary but as you recommended, so I will definitely going to give it a watch soon.

It IS ordinary. It's just very well made and well acted. And i gotta say I liked it better than Mama and The Conjuring.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
It IS ordinary. It's just very well made and well acted. And i gotta say I liked it better than Mama and The Conjuring.
I didn't like much MAMA but better than Conjuring is a huge complement; hope then it'll live up to the 'expectation' for me
Old 03-10-2014, 01:45 AM
Evil is Better

OK sold. Definitely checking this out

Old 03-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Evil is Better

Just watched it and I really liked it. Thanks for the rec as I probably would've passed it over.

I thought it was really creepy. The spooky atmosphere was done great with the scenery, lighting and sounds and even the jump scares were good and not cheesy.

One thing that makes this stand out to me is the fine acting and the fact that the characters seem like real people. They say real things and have personality's and conversations. They're not just clichés.

There's a lot more they could've done but they did a great job with what they did. The story is really good and I loved the ending.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:31 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Just watched it and I really liked it. Thanks for the rec as I probably would've passed it over.

I thought it was really creepy. The spooky atmosphere was done great with the scenery, lighting and sounds and even the jump scares were good and not cheesy.

One thing that makes this stand out to me is the fine acting and the fact that the characters seem like real people. They say real things and have personality's and conversations. They're not just clich�s.

There's a lot more they could've done but they did a great job with what they did. The story is really good and I loved the ending.

Both cover and titel looked like utter crap to me. I really expected it to be a no budget suckfest. They should have went with this cover instead:

Actually the ending was the reason i couldn't give it a better rating than 8/10. Thought it ended much too sudden for such a long build up and with so much going on inside (and outside) the house. The ending should have lasted 20-30 minutes longer, imo. Instead it felt like the director just ran out of money at that point. But in his defence i must say i didn't see that ending coming. Pretty cool ending, although it didn't make any sense if you think about it.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:34 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Both cover and titel looked like utter crap to me. I really expected it to be a no budget suckfest. They should have went with this cover instead:

Actually the ending was the reason i couldn't give it a better rating than 8/10. Thought it ended much too sudden for such a long build up and with so much going on inside (and outside) the house. The ending should have lasted 20-30 minutes longer, imo. Instead it felt like the director just ran out of money at that point. But in his defence i must say i didn't see that ending coming. Pretty cool ending, although it didn't make any sense if you think about it.
Yeah that's a much better poster. The other generic one was one of the reasons I would've passed it over.

Yeah like I said they couldve and should've done more with it, the daughters story deserved a little more time and there should be been more of a build up to the end but I liked that it was sudden and shocking and not the typical ending.

It makes sense but you have to fill in the blanks yourself which honestly you shouldn't have to do.

Overall though definitely better then the average straight to DVD haunting movie.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Just saw it last night and absolutely loved it! As a story, surely it's much better executed than MAMA or even THE CONJURING! Thought that script was surprisingly good and the cast did a great job with their respective roles. A must see for any horror movie lover. And yes, they should come up with a better poster & far more intriguing trailer. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post

Yeah like I said they couldve and should've done more with it, the daughters story deserved a little more time and there should be been more of a build up to the end but I liked that it was sudden and shocking and not the typical ending.

It makes sense but you have to fill in the blanks yourself which honestly you shouldn't have to do.
**SPOILER ALERT**

Ditto; it'd be better if they could show some little more in 1 or 2 added scenes about Ethan's sisters...what they are also experiencing in the house. Really loved the ending too, it was shocking & left an unease feeling as a whole about all those terrible things happened in the house & particularly the motives of the vengeful ghost which I think made this film different than other flicks with similar sort of premise. May be it just comes & kills whoever opens the portal by tuning that Ghost Radio but I like to explain it this way...the most evil entity inside the house has no straight revenge business, rather it wants to suffer the residents/parents by killing their most precious loved ones one by one like the way she was killed & separated from her newly born child. And on that regard, leaving Jacki Weaver's character 'unharmed' at the end works in a bit dramatic fashion. Though it wasn't necessary to add but there's no story for that radio...how the Morellos get hold of it & from where??
Old 03-13-2014, 12:39 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

**SPOILER ALERT**

Ditto; it'd be better if they could show some little more in 1 or 2 added scenes about Ethan's sisters...what they are also experiencing in the house. Really loved the ending too, it was shocking & left an unease feeling as a whole about all those terrible things happened in the house & particularly the motives of the vengeful ghost which I think made this film different than other flicks with similar sort of premise. May be it just comes & kills whoever opens the portal by tuning that Ghost Radio but I like to explain it this way...the most evil entity inside the house has no straight revenge business, rather it wants to suffer the residents/parents by killing their most precious loved ones one by one like the way she was killed & separated from her newly born child. And on that regard, leaving Jacki Weaver's character 'unharmed' at the end works in a bit dramatic fashion. Though it wasn't necessary to add but there's no story for that radio...how the Morellos get hold of it & from where??

When you put it like that i guess it makes some kind of sense. It's like The Grudge.
I would really like to see a sequal being made. Felt that there were so much left to be explained when it ended. So many stories left to be told. So many more ghosts to haunt the house, considering all the deaths.