Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Evil Dead

Both were outstanding movies. I like them both equally, I have no favorite. These two movies hold some of my favorite movie quotes ever, majority of them coming from good old Captain Spaulding.

"Fuck yo mama, fuck yo sista, fuck yo grandma"

You just can't top that. Rob Zombie did an outstanding job on these films and I am really looking forward to seeing what he is going to do with Halloween.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Queen of the Labyrinth

Met Sid Haig and have to say he is a pretty cool cat. If anything I prefered The Devil's Rejects because it brought a little more plott to the situation. With HOTC you kind of lose some of the plott and just get a fast passed ending that explainded nothing. If it explained more I would have been happy. I did like it for the campyness of the film.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:54 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

i love both, i love sherri moon and eric daniels so ill watch either or both

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 03-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHH DREAMS author View Post
Also Karen Black didn't sign on to make Rejects for a reason, because she knew it was a dog and she was right.
Uhh she didn't sign because she wanted a raise and the budget wouldn't allow it.

I just watched this movie and I was pleased. It had the brutality of its prequel but much more involved. Rob Zombie I think has really shined as a director especially so early on. It was a entertaining movie that simply improved on House a lot and thats all I asked for.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Ninja Pirate..Hiiiyamatey

Without threatening anyone's personal worldview and stating my own opinion, I liked this movie and thought it was far and away better than House. I liked House...okay. It was a bit over the top, intentionally I know, and was an homage to that exploitation, way out style. I spent a good part of it wanting to shoot Sheri Moon and just stop her from doing that annoying giggling thing. Overall though, I enjoyed it. I did not think a sequel with that same manic level would work so I put off seeing DR. When I finally watched it, I was really pleasantly surprised. They toned alot down. Not the violence so much as the overall feel and this one lost that whole teen movie ambience.

It forced me to do something that I am usually only able to do in revenge films by seeing the killers as people. Very, very screwed up and better off dead people, but the juxtapositioning of them as this family unit who cared for one another with the heinous, repulsive acts they could commit on others without ever seeing them as people was really intriguing and disturbing.

I applaud Rob for having the guts to kill them off at the end instead of saving the possibility of part 3 for a rainy day. I'm really loving him as a director because he's a true fan of the genre and it does show. He manages to give nods to all his favorites without being plagiaristic.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Evil Dead

i didn't really like either of these. i just don't think they go anywhere. in fact, they lose their way. i think they could've been condensed into one movie. but if i had to pick a winner it would be house
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep