Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Little Boo

I would love some recommendations

Backstory. I'm 19. Horror has always been my favorite genre. When I was growing up child's play and the leprechaun were my favorite horror series. As I've grown I've really leaned towards zombies and possesion type movies. Talking corpses really interest me. Anyways I love insidious, sinister and the conjuring.the style of those movies floors me and I hope that's the future of horror. I love cheesy 90's horror movies like head of the family. Nightmare on elm street movies were some of my favorites also. Anyways I'm always looking for new horror movies to watch. Obviously I'm open to whatever suggestions. Thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2013, 09:47 PM
For Vendetta

Here are 315 recommendations of the absolute best - http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63436
Old 09-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Banned

yeah....there's 3 or 4 list in this section that should keep you busy
Old 09-04-2013, 03:34 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thezombietexan View Post
Backstory. I'm 19. Horror has always been my favorite genre. When I was growing up child's play and the leprechaun were my favorite horror series. As I've grown I've really leaned towards zombies and possesion type movies. Talking corpses really interest me. Anyways I love insidious, sinister and the conjuring.the style of those movies floors me and I hope that's the future of horror. I love cheesy 90's horror movies like head of the family. Nightmare on elm street movies were some of my favorites also. Anyways I'm always looking for new horror movies to watch. Obviously I'm open to whatever suggestions. Thanks in advance
If you like possession films, then The Exorcist and Exorcist3.

For zombie, recommend Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04 & 78, Day of the Dead 85 & 08, and Return of the Living Dead.

General horror 'must-see', if you haven't already would be The Thing 82, Alien, Evil Dead 2, The Fly 86, Scanners, Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978, Frankenstein 31.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

For possession movies, you need to see The Antichrist (1974) (aka The Tempter) if you haven't. Great old school Italian horror cashing in on the success of The Exorcist. And of course there is Abbey.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Really appreciating the recommendations guys. Anyone know any really good dark movies? I mean as a real horror fan I've seen all the staples. Most movies can't get a scare out of me anymore. I walk through haunted house attractions laughing. Anyone know any truly scary movies?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Really appreciating the recommendations guys. Anyone know any really good dark movies? I mean as a real horror fan I've seen all the staples. Most movies can't get a scare out of me anymore. I walk through haunted house attractions laughing. Anyone know any truly scary movies?
What scares you? We all have different things that push our buttons, so it would help to know what types of films to recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
For possession movies, you need to see The Antichrist (1974) (aka The Tempter) if you haven't. Great old school Italian horror cashing in on the success of The Exorcist. And of course there is Abbey.

Cool, thanks for the rec. (Hopefully it's better than Abbey though.)
Old 09-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Horror Fan For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Here are 315 recommendations of the absolute best - http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63436
Awesome, thanks for posting. V is that avatar the creepy chauffeur from Burnt Offerings? Great childhood movie from the past!