Old 10-20-2018, 01:49 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
The peace symbol necklace was actually a gift to Mary from her father because it was her birthday. In the original, her and her friend were going to a concert and we're trying to get some weed before the show and then they talked to Junior who in the original was the name of krug's son. He lures them back to where his father and weasel, I can't remember what his name was in the remake, and Sadie take them captive and take them out in the woods and torture them. The movie does have some pretty intense scenes and some decent Gore and some pretty good kills on and off screen and some pretty good kills on and off screen. Didn't you say you have Netflix? I know it used to be on there but I don't know if it still is or not.
Yeah I have Netflix. I don't know if it's still on there but if they ever readd it I'll definetly check it out. If nothing else I can always look for it in those $5 DVD bens at Walmart I know they sell it there sometimes.

I know they used the gold necklace as a subplot in the remake only instead of it being a peace symbol (Groovy dude! ) it wad shaped more like a medallion and I think it was maybe a present given to the daughter by her brother who had died before the movie somehow.

I know in the movie she mentioned her dead brother a couple of times and her friend Mari didn't like to talk about it because she seemed to have some sort of phobia about death which makes her tragic fate even more sad. Basically her worst nightmare came true.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 10-20-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:07 PM
Banned

In the original, Mary gives the necklace to Junior trying to earn his trust and trying to get him to let her and her friend go. It is in later when her parents take them in that the mother notices Junior wearing the necklace. This makes the mother suspicious so she starts spying on them until she finds out what happens. I will stop ruining it for you now in case you watch it but I still think it's a great movie.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
In the original, Mary gives the necklace to Junior trying to earn his trust and trying to get him to let her and her friend go. It is in later when her parents take them in that the mother notices Junior wearing the necklace. This makes the mother suspicious so she starts spying on them until she finds out what happens. I will stop ruining it for you now in case you watch it but I still think it's a great movie.
Yeah I think in the remake Junior (in this version I think he was called Justin) isn't evil. He picked up Mari's necklace (her other friend who got killed was named Page lol my bad) after she got attacked trying to run away and when his family unknowingly stopped at her parents' house for help and he saw her picture and freaked out after realizing whose house they were in he had a mental breakdown and quickly set the necklace down out of guilt. That was how the parents found out what happened to their daughter.

I liked the fact that in the remake they spared him unlike in the original. He was still just a kid too and in this version he felt actual remourse about what his family was doing. I think it was even implied that they were abusive towards him which is why he never ran to the authorities. He befriended Mari and Page because he was just a lonely teenager and didn't think that his father and the rest would be returning to the hotel that day.

I felt bad for the poor boy.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:22 PM
Banned

I was thinking his name was Adam but it has been a long-ass time since I have seen it. In the original jr. Was a good kid as well but his father got him hooked on Heroin so he does whatever he says to get his fixed so he won't go through withdrawals. I'm not saying anything else about the movie because I feel like I am spoiling it for you
Old 10-20-2018, 02:27 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
I was thinking his name was Adam but it has been a long-ass time since I have seen it. In the original jr. Was a good kid as well but his father got him hooked on Heroin so he does whatever he says to get his fixed so he won't go through withdrawals. I'm not saying anything else about the movie because I feel like I am spoiling it for you
Ah, I guess that's even more tragic.

Kind of makes me think of those real-world cases of parents who manipulate their own children into commiting crimes. It really does happen.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:21 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

My mom is talking to her crackhead exhusband again which ALWAYS means she's going to get back together with him.

When she decides to tell me that she's moving him back into our house again I am giving them BOTH a peice of my mind! I am so sick and tired of this bullshit and her forcing me to act like I actually like that abusive scumbag!

If she gets angry and kicks me out then oh fucking well. But I will not be coming back when she does.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:24 PM
ventricle

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I went to see my therapist yesterday and I am going to start tapering off two of my bipolar medicatons and adding something new.

I'm really nervous about this. :(
I'm not a psychiatrist, but I play one online... seriously though, always have the goal of taking as little psychoactive medication as possible (mg), and cease taking as soon as possible. Because, in general, they have both cumulative and immediate negative side effects, can create problems that didn't exist.

For many with bipolar and similar conditions Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the most effective. It can be done with or without medication, of course, and unlike meds it's permanent, has no side effects, no unknown interactions with other meds, etc.

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-20-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I'm not a psychiatrist, but I play one online... seriously though, always have the goal of taking as little psychoactive medication as possible (mg), and cease taking as soon as possible. Because, in general, they have both cumulative and immediate negative side effects, can create problems that didn't exist.

For many with bipolar and similar conditions Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the most effective. It can be done with or without medication, of course, and unlike meds it's permanent, has no side effects, no unknown interactions with other meds, etc.
Jeez don't scare the guy I take Lexapro and I'm still not entirely sure what it is called but it's a mood stabilizer and they work very well for me and being bipolar with severe manic episodes when it is not being treated, I will be on medicine the rest of my life the only negative side effects I can really think of from my medicine are that they kill my sex drive but otherwise I feel great. but the thing about psychological medicines are they work different for everyone.

The same goes for therapy, I have decided to quit seeing my therapist as she really offers nothing new but I don't already know and doesn't even ask me questions or offer advice or anything to think about therapy doesn't work for some people but not everyone.

Last edited by Morningriser; 10-21-2018 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:15 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

From from what I have learned therapy really doesn't work that well for people with Bipolar Disorder and they pretty much have to take medication for it to calm their mania and their violent mood swings.

It's just like people with Schizopherenia they have to take the medication every day or else they don't get better. You can't fix their delusions and paranoid thinking without giving them medication.

And I WISH my medication would kill my sex drive. I feel horny all the damn time now.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:38 AM
Banned

I can still perform if the mood is Right butt I don't really get aroused quite like I used to.

I have seen quite a few therapists in my life and the majority of them just seem to be in it for the money. I don't know how many times I have seen therapists who just sit there quiet and staring at me and making me feel uncomfortable. I have told all of them my life story and why I am there and I was under the impression that therapists aren't supposed to tell you what to do but offer solutions to help you think about things for yourself. I have been doing that myself lately as moving to Vegas has opened me up 2 new psychedelic drugs. I know not a lot of people partake but for those who do, you will know that it is mental medicine and it has been very beneficial for me so far. I just feel like for having to spend roughly 3 hours on a bus twice a month and pay out $50 is just a waste of money considering she makes me feel like she is only there for a paycheck and doesn't even want to try to help me.

If anything I feel like it is to my progress and ain't nobody got time for that