Old 01-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Thumbs up Hatchet Unrated

I don't know how many of you have seen this, as it was only in a few select cities. I have to admit, every horror fan should really enjoy this film. This film has a few horror legends make appearances. The actors were very good, it has the very tense moments (I jumped twice), it has it's humor, that can make you laugh, but with the style of writing done, every muscle is still tightened at the same time, and well . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it has gore, and very much of it. I am pretty sure to say that every kill I seen was original, with great death scenes, and plenty of blood shed :D The music chosen, well. . . . . . . . it was as well great. This is going into my top 5 movies of all time, it was one hell of a ride! Adam Green did a really great job, and after this enjoyment he as well is moving into one of my favorite writer and directors, Adam thanks for giving us a fun, "old school, American Horror" film, I appreciate it greatly!!
I didn't know this was out on DVD yet and it's only $10, it's a must buy for every horror fan, I promise, you will not be let down.

I really don't want to spoil anything for those who want to see it, but if you do talk about a scene please, write spoiler, and then use white font for the spoiler.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

you need to check out his follow-up Spiral which hits selected cities at the beginning of Feb. and drops on DVD February 19th.

It is a taught indie thriller without gore or tits, but you'll dig it. Adam is a talented man and this film shows off his range.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-07-2008, 04:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
I caught the trailer for that on this dvd, it honestly caught my eye as well. I'm watching making of hatchet now, he's like a little kid a xmas, a true horror fan as I can tell from these extras.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Misanthrope

Fuck I wanna see this flick! Been waiting for ages for it to reach NZ. But looks like I'll have to order it from overseas/download the fucker.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Fuck I wanna see this flick! Been waiting for ages for it to reach NZ. But looks like I'll have to order it from overseas/download the fucker.
Trust me, you'll love it!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Massacre

Here's a link to watch Hatchet you can also watch a bunch of other movies on this site:

www.watch-movies.net/movies/hatchet/

I also enjoyed this movie.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:33 PM
July 18, 2008

I won't click on that to watch it since I believe DVD is the best experience to watch a film (other than the theater, of course).

That being said, just how good is this movie?? I haven't heard anything until about a month ago... and all I've heard is stuff like "one of the best ever". I'm tempted to just go to Best Buy and buy the damn thing on a whim, and I NEVER do that.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:40 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlewood View Post
I won't click on that to watch it since I believe DVD is the best experience to watch a film (other than the theater, of course).

That being said, just how good is this movie?? I haven't heard anything until about a month ago... and all I've heard is stuff like "one of the best ever". I'm tempted to just go to Best Buy and buy the damn thing on a whim, and I NEVER do that.
if you like 80s slashers you'll dig it. If you don't, don't bother. It has the story of an 80s slasher like FRIDAY 13TH with the self-awareness of SCREAM and it also owes a great deal to AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON in that is alternately funny and tense.

This is Adam Green's love letter to the genre. It is fun and funny and gory as hell with 100% in-camera effects, no CG and it's done on a tiny budget.

I think it's awesome, but I'm a little biased toward my friend Adam. I'd say, buy it.

Oh, and I agree with not downloading - it is theft, pure and simple. Justify it how you wish, but it is stealing movies. It might not hurt a major studio, but HATCHET was very low-budget. If you download it, you're taking money from my friend, who has not yet made any money from this film... no one who had anything to do with the film has made any money off it yet. Please buy the film - hell, give it as a gift to someone!

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 01-09-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post

This is Adam Green's love letter to the genre. It is fun and funny and gory as hell with 100% in-camera effects, no CG and it's done on a tiny budget.
This is what I loved about this film, esp. the Pop Top. I'm glad it wasn't a major studio who was telling them what he could or couldn't do. And I also loved how he made the trailer for the film, and everyone was talking that it was a finished film, lol. This dvd is well worth the money for it, as it as well has some great extra features!! BUY IT!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
if you like 80s slashers you'll dig it. If you don't, don't bother. It has the story of an 80s slasher like FRIDAY 13TH with the self-awareness of SCREAM and it also owes a great deal to AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON in that is alternately funny and tense.

I think it's awesome, but I'm a little biased toward my friend Adam. I'd say, buy it.
I loved it, the death scenes were great, very nice gore effects. Its a lot of fun. We bought it, and I am definitely not sorry.