Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 05-04-2007, 07:12 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I'm with the 360 all the way.I've been a die hard Xbox fan since the launch of the original and always will be.To me I'll never pay for a PS3 and the Wii is fun for all of about 10 minutes as it gets boring very quickly.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Tonight's the nght.

XBOX 360. PS3 costs way to much,plus most of their games are going multi-platform.MGS4 might even do it.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:01 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
The PS3 has really let sony down. I still favour them but wish they had thought about their marketing techniques

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to chaibill
there is a game comming out on ps3 from freeradical it liooks really awsome. these are the guys that did Timesplitters 2 and alot were at RARE when they did GoldenEye on N64. the AI engine is pattented it will react to what you do in the game they are not sripted. It is called HAZE. But who knows may come out for xbox360 they way the ps3 is selling.
DOG SOLDIERS
SAW, THE OTHERS

THE EXORCIST, 28 DAYS LATER, 28 weeks later
PSYCHO, FRIDAY THE 13th movie series
Martyrs, DAWN OF THE DEAD
Old 05-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaibill View Post
there is a game comming out on ps3 from freeradical it liooks really awsome. these are the guys that did Timesplitters 2 and alot were at RARE when they did GoldenEye on N64. the AI engine is pattented it will react to what you do in the game they are not sripted. It is called HAZE. But who knows may come out for xbox360 they way the ps3 is selling.
Already coming to the 360. :)

http://www.360-hq.com/modules.php?na...op=view&id=275
Old 05-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Oh, neato!
DOG SOLDIERS
SAW, THE OTHERS

Old 05-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Evil Dead

With Heavenly Sword, Final Fantasy XIII, Lair, Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank and Grand Turismo 5 all exclusives.

Metal Gear Solid 4 maybe going multi format, but Konami have already said they will leave the PS3 version intact, so if they dumb it down (due to capacity of disk), it wont effect the PS3 release.

Haze is coming out on PC & 360, but at a later date.

There are many multi format games coming out, for all systems, but that doesn't mean that the PS3 is not getting the game. I will worry more when the games start being canceled.

Sony made some bad comments that many people have taken to heart (never worked out if this was Sony or a bad translation), couple this with the lack of exclusives and you have why the console has not sold by the bucket load.

I bought one on day of release in the UK, I waited 6 months longer than US and Japan. I have been happy with my console and whilst I know it was expensive (around £50 more expensive than the PS2 was at release), I know that if Sony release another console in 7 years time, it only cost me 19p per day. To me this is not expensive for the price per day and I dont need memory cards like the Wii (my friend owns one and likes retro gaming) or pay an online subscription like the 360.

All the consoles are good in their own rights, with the competition between the consoles, the games within the next year will be amazing.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippler666 View Post
With Heavenly Sword, Final Fantasy XIII, Lair, Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank and Grand Turismo 5 all exclusives.

Metal Gear Solid 4 maybe going multi format, but Konami have already said they will leave the PS3 version intact, so if they dumb it down (due to capacity of disk), it wont effect the PS3 release.
Killzone was one of the biggest dissapointments I've had the displeasure of playing (and beta testing). It wasn't a bad game but it wasn't very good and it certainly was no "Halo killer". Even if I do end up buying a PS3 I hope MGS4 comes out on the 360. Even if they "dumb it down" like you suggest, at least it will have a steady framerate.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Evil Dead

i read an article on msnbc the PS3 sold 80000 consoles in April 2007 they were wondering how long it would take for Sony to drop below 100,000 units per month the Wii sold over 400,000 in the same time
i talked with some one at bestbuy said Sony should drop the bluray and use DVD ROM discs to bring the price down but i think it would be harder to sell a blu-ray model and a DVD ROM model side by side
i plan on getting one in about 5 years
DOG SOLDIERS
SAW, THE OTHERS

Old 05-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Killzone was one of the biggest dissapointments I've had the displeasure of playing (and beta testing). It wasn't a bad game but it wasn't very good and it certainly was no "Halo killer". Even if I do end up buying a PS3 I hope MGS4 comes out on the 360. Even if they "dumb it down" like you suggest, at least it will have a steady framerate.
The PS2 could never do FPS that well, it is hard to find one that is that great. PS3 however does them quite well.

Resistance: Fall of Man runs along quite happy at 60 fps, as does many of the titles on PS3 the only game I have heard it happening to was Call Of Duty 3, which like most converted games doesn't play that well (lazy programming), but still a launch game.

People had nothing to compare the 360 to, it didn't matter that Halo 3 didn't come out on day of release. Nor that no real killer apps came out for a year Gears Of War (being the most talked about 360 game), came out November 21st 2006. It was the only next gen console out. Halo slipped again last November PS3 American & Jap release he said Halo would be out and ready.

Now almost a year later Halo 3 is still not out, but the 360 had the year head start giving it some good games. Nintendo develiped nothing for the Game Cube for over a year in Japan giving them the ability to develope in house games comfortably.

These are not excuses as Sony should have expected the competition to be good, just reasons why the competition is selling well. As far as I was aware Paper Mario was released in April, hence why figures was low (as will the slip when Halo 3 comes out and the others will slip when Gran Turismo 5 comes out on PS3).

The only reason I said "dumb it down" is do the maths: 25-50gig onto DVD-9. Can't be done, so somethings will have to be changed (textures, AI, ETC), unless you don't mind 3-6 disk changes.

Bash Sony all you want, but I know the PS3 will last me 7 years, once people start to see what the PS3 can do and the advantages of the storage capacity they will start to see things Sony's way.

If you take XBox Live subscription for 7 years away from the original price of the PS3 you are left with $250 for a Blu-Ray player and console. You can take another $150 off if it goes the full 10 years that Sony have stated.

For me I want any of the consoles to fail, more consoles = better games. It makes it so companies will try harder to fend off competition with better titles.