Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-28-2018, 08:38 AM
Banned

As far as my Venture into adult cartoons go, I guess for its time The Simpsons was considered an adult cartoon and I watched the very first season from the very first episode and my grandparents who were catholic seemed very appalled by the fact that Bart Simpson said the word hell. After that I was a huge fan of liquid television and then of course Beavis and Butt-head was a huge thing for me and my friends and when the movie came out there were two rows in the theater which had about 25 seats each that were all our circle of friends in Junior High. I also like Aeon Flux and I watched the spawn animated series from the beginning and now I am a hardcore fan.

@Sculpt, so I feel the episode was to how there are so many school shootings now that no one even seems to really be paying attention to them. I understand that as there was a school shooting here in Las Vegas just a few weeks ago where a nine-year-old girl was shot and killed and the teenager who did it still has not been found although they know who he is. I don't think that has even made national news. But what bothers me about the episode is the fact that throughout the entire thing every time it's showing the kids at school, which is 3/4 the episode, there are people constantly in the hallways shooting and everyone is having to run around and Dodge bullets to get to class and everyone is acting like it's no big deal at all but the entire time Stan's mom is freaking out making it a big deal on a extremely manic level. The entire time though Stan's dad heaps overly playing it off like she is on her period to the point where it gets really drugged out. I get the point they were making in the episode but I think they went way too damn far with just the way everyone was having to dodge bullets and acting like it's no big deal and the one person who was freaking out about it they completely destroyed the episode. I just think that is crossing the line considering innocent children are getting killed and they are playing it off the way they are.

So last night I saw moonspell, dark tranquillity and amorphous in concert at the House of Blues here. It was a hell of a show and I had a blast! I am a little sore today because I probably walked around three or four miles yesterday all together on the strip.

Last edited by Morningriser; 09-28-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Evil Dead

drug addiction? Where you gettin' that Bloof? It's clearly a fatalistic love song I think...
Old 09-28-2018, 01:33 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
drug addiction? Where you gettin' that Bloof? It's clearly a fatalistic love song I think...
I'm in a bag that that's cold as ice
and I know I'm hooked for the rest of my life
Cuz there's no doors*
there's no windows*
there's no way out.

This part in particular made me think that's how addicts (drugs and alcohol) must feel.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:04 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Anybody else admitting they're addicted to love?
Old 09-28-2018, 03:08 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Anybody else admitting they're addicted to love?
You know you're pretty adorable! I dont even know what love is. Well, romantic love that is.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:36 PM
Banned

Love is overrated, like consuming large amounts of chocolate. Al Pacino said something like that in the Devil's Advocate and he was right. Love will only hurt you and one way or another.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:23 AM
That fucking Guy...

Old 09-29-2018, 04:29 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Love is overrated, like consuming large amounts of chocolate. Al Pacino said something like that in the Devil's Advocate and he was right. Love will only hurt you and one way or another.
I certainly agree that love is overrated.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:36 AM
Banned

So after putting some thought into it I have to say I completely retract what I previously said about the South Park episode. I thought about it and I understand. It's saying that no one seems to care about things like school shootings and National tragedies and then the few who do care or play it off as if we are crazy. I think that's the message they were trying to deliver.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:23 AM
Evil Dead

Much love y'all...

Bloof a bag is a situation. Did you listen to the cut?
Ya know like, that's not my bag, papas got a brand new bag, I gotta get outta this bag...besides junkies only have two feelin's..high and low, your either holdin' or your out.

Clarence Reid, the guy who wrote that cut...was a Real freak tho..early in his career he did some killer soul cuts in the 60's then he became Blowfly in the 70's 80's. Released lots of really explicit covers and originals, wearin' long capes, and sparkly masks. His later stuff wasn't really my bag....

Dig this cut Bloof..Clarence Reid: Nobody But You Babe (1969)

One of the lyrics goes..I'm doin' my good thing.
Soooo you know what that means...DRUGS!!!!