Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
From Hell

what r ur guy's opinions on this film? did u enjoy it? I saw it yesterday and I thought it was ok.

SPOILER

I thought it was kinda dumb that Jack The Ripper was the same guy who played Bilbo Baggins. lol.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Evil Dead

I liked it, but then I like pretty much anything that has Johnny Depp in it.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:26 AM
Banned

it was a decent movie ..

same old ending though ...

why does it always have to be the 'father figure'
i cant count the number of thrillers that the killer turns out to be the 'old mentor'

but the movie was well excecuted and well acted...
Old 03-10-2005, 06:36 AM
Fear scented candle

Re: From Hell

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mothman

I thought it was kinda dumb that Jack The Ripper was the same guy who played Bilbo Baggins. lol.
Maybe, but he was also the psychotic android in Alien. Ian Holm is a great psychopath.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:39 AM

Re: Re: From Hell

Its a okey movie but the setting is not believable.....Too theatrical at times...
Old 03-10-2005, 08:39 AM
..its only a movie...

It intends to be a little dull at times. And the ending sucked. "Hey lets make up our own ending and say it was the doctor who did it." would have been better if we didnt know who jack the ripper was and that he got away (like in real life). Who were the two guys that directed that movie, what were there names again?

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 03-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Evil Dead

First off this was a great movie. I thought that it was well directed, well acted, and especially well written.

I thought that the ending was great b/c it was a nice twist to what everyone knows about Jack the Ripper. I mean he had gotten away, which in a way he did, then I think the general audience would have felt cheated. The average movie goer likes to see the good win and the bad guy lose. So from a movie perpective Jack had to be caught.
Now the reason I say that Jack did get away is b/c the general public never discovered who he was, he was delt with before the authorites could get to him and since the only people that knew his true identiy were the cult and Johnny, Jack the Ripper did get away and thus stayed true to history in that respect.
The best part about the story was the reason for why Jack the Ripper killed, I mean does anybody really know why he killed hoars? The reason in the film was great b/c its something that very few would actually consider if the facts surrounding the motive are true in that the Price was sleeping with a hoar and its consiquences to the throawn. See you have to look at this movie as more than just a horror but a work of art. I mean some might say that this movie is a rape of history like JFK but both of these films offer a new and interesting perspective on events that took place in history and I think thats what makes them so entertaining is that the film makers are willing to step on some toes and make a film that they actually care about and I think that modern day movies have lost that felling. Today most people make movies for money and not for the passion of creating a work of art.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Prelude95Si
First off this was a great movie. I thought that it was well directed, well acted, and especially well written.

I thought that the ending was great b/c it was a nice twist to what everyone knows about Jack the Ripper. I mean he had gotten away, which in a way he did, then I think the general audience would have felt cheated. The average movie goer likes to see the good win and the bad guy lose. So from a movie perpective Jack had to be caught.
Now the reason I say that Jack did get away is b/c the general public never discovered who he was, he was delt with before the authorites could get to him and since the only people that knew his true identiy were the cult and Johnny, Jack the Ripper did get away and thus stayed true to history in that respect.
The best part about the story was the reason for why Jack the Ripper killed, I mean does anybody really know why he killed hoars? The reason in the film was great b/c its something that very few would actually consider if the facts surrounding the motive are true in that the Price was sleeping with a hoar and its consiquences to the throawn. See you have to look at this movie as more than just a horror but a work of art. I mean some might say that this movie is a rape of history like JFK but both of these films offer a new and interesting perspective on events that took place in history and I think thats what makes them so entertaining is that the film makers are willing to step on some toes and make a film that they actually care about and I think that modern day movies have lost that felling. Today most people make movies for money and not for the passion of creating a work of art.
i guess you never saw : Murder By Decree ?
Old 03-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Hellraiser

Read the graphic novel by Alan Moore that it's based on.

Brilliantly spooky.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
I saw this full length comic made off of the movie. I read the end in where he cuts that chick up, except its ten times more graphic than in the movie. its pretty fucked up. He slices her boob off and plays with it for a while. I was like . . . . . . . .Damn.

Click for B-Movie reviews!