Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2009, 01:55 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I've heard the console version of call of juarez 2 (0) kind've pales in comparison to the pc version, and the control scheme is ass.
If you have a pc capable of it, I suggest on that basis.
And what THE FUCK?
A cycling game, and a cycling MANAGEMENT game of all things? I know you're a tad fucked up, but are you humouring someone with that one or what?
I love you, angra.
lol

European people actually likes professional cycling. :D

And i think you're right about Juarez. Played it for to minutes, then turned my attention to Cycling Manager, which.... didn't really look exciting enough to get into at 12 pm. So now i'm watching a movie...

But i DID manage to bake a cake. :cool:
Old 07-19-2009, 12:58 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
But i DID manage to bake a cake.
In your pants?

I'm about to have a go at a couple of games that people seem to really like...
Recently I obtained an original xbox incredibly cheaply. A few of my friends had/have this system so there was no shortage of games, and I borrowed some.

The Punisher - While I like the concept, and how this game conveys the story, I have a few problems that will more than likely make me end up not bothering to finish it. I've given it three stages so far.
*Your character is slow and clunky, I mean sure he's a big guy and all, but when you're walking around for my liking it just feels too damn slow - I get that it's an older game now, but I've played even older games with significantly faster movement.
*The rage mode or whatever, just seems stupid and pointless...sure it gets through a few enemies but I think the whole thing is just fuck ugly and stupid looking.
*No sensitivity adjustment for aiming - which I also consider too slow.
Other than that I have no real issues, though this kind of thing is more than enough to spoil an otherwise good game for me.
Another thing is that it's a console version, and I have recently confirmed to myself that I just don't like this style of game on console. FPS's, sure, I prefer them on PC but I can get the hang of them on console not so with the TPS's, with very few exceptions, they just feel uncomfortable to use.
I may pick up the PC version of this game to see if I can get around any of the aforementioned issues and better deal with the control system, as there were elements of this game I liked. The character I like, the storyline seems ok, using human shields and torturing folks is a bit of fun too.
Time'll tell, might get a much more favourable review if I play it on pc.

Manhunt
So, I finally got to have a look at this controversial title.
Didn't actually know it was a Rockstar game, though it seems right at home in their collection. I like the concept of this game, a lot.
I do not like a few things though.
*Control system...not being able to use the second stick to turn the view around with the camera, rather it goes into "look around" mode instead. I just don't like this, and many times found myself TRYING to get a better view when an enemy was approaching, only to fuck myself over in this manner.
*The sneaking around. I usually avoid "stealth" games but this one I thought I'd give a go as it seemed essentially more than that...but it's not really...sure you can fight but you're pretty much a pussy, even with a baseball bat that should have a guy down within a few hits needs to be employed about 14 times.
*The hiding seems WAY too hit and miss for me, and even though you're told at the beginning of the game that enemies are unlikely to hear you if you proceed very slowly, but any time they're within radar range, no matter what I do they go into orange alert.
*Sneaking up on them, annoying when they're walking faster than you.
*The "bad guy" dialogue is shitty and repetetive.

I like the concept as I said, and the overall atmosphere is very good...but unfortunately I'm pretty certain I won't be persisting with this one beyond a stage or two more. While I like being able to off people, I hate having to basically CRAWL my way through the game to make any kind of safe progress - proceeding just takes too damn long IMO, each small area stage taking some 20 minutes to complete safely, in all honesty I found myself getting more bored than anything. I'll probably switch it on once more today, but yeah, I think this is more a case of it just being a style of gameplay that I don't really like.
The Warriors, Max Payne, Canis Canum Edit (Bully), are IMO all better examples of Rockstar games set outside the GTA universe.
Bit of a pity...I really do like how they set this game up..
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
The Warriors, Max Payne, Canis Canum Edit (Bully), are IMO all better examples of Rockstar games set outside the GTA universe.
Bit of a pity...I really do like how they set this game up..
Red Dead Revolver.....

Last edited by VampiricClown; 07-20-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Evil Dead

Trying to finish up Timeshift and Jericho.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:36 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Red Dead Revolver.....
I remember playing one that came out around the same time "dead mans hand"? Looks kinda similar, but wasn't great - was RDR any better? Never knew that was under he R* lable.

I've rethought manhunt.
It had a saving grace - the ability to change the control system was actually present in this title (unlike how you CAN'T fix the sensetivity in the Punisher) and now I can use the left stick to move, the right stick to turn around.
It's SO much better.
While I'm still not entirely into it, as I don't dig stealth games, this change has made it easier to make a LOT more progress in the game, and it does present a challenge.
I have found what some of you may consider a more "legitimate" problem I have with it though...it's a bit damn repetetive...kind of reminds me of old atari games, the further you get it's just more of the same, but rising challenge. But yeah, it seems like thus far all of the bad guys pretty much behave the same...bang a wall, get them to approach, they look but don't venture into the shadows, they turn, you follow, you kill...I've done this about 20 times now.
However, they are now kind of in "packs" which has risen the challenge level, oh and I found a nailgun.
Still though, for as much as I like the concept this games still not really for me.

I have heard a bit about the second one...a lot of people seem to hate it on account of the censored kills? But the storyline sounds better to me.
Has anyone played it? If I go ahead and finish the first one I'll probably at least give the second one a try.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I remember playing one that came out around the same time "dead mans hand"? Looks kinda similar, but wasn't great - was RDR any better? Never knew that was under he R* lable.
I have Dead Man's Hand as well. I always preferred Red Dead Revolver. It's a slightly less dark kind of game, and feels like you're playing a Clint Eastwood type western. It's not the best game in the world, but it's better than DMH. The quick-draw segments are fun. Oh, and it's 3rd-person, not 1st.

Quote:
I have heard a bit about the second one...a lot of people seem to hate it on account of the censored kills? But the storyline sounds better to me.
Has anyone played it? If I go ahead and finish the first one I'll probably at least give the second one a try.
I haven't played it, but from what I understand, all the gory bits are either blurred over, or gone black and white, similar to The Punisher. I believe you can un-censor it, by using a GameShark or CodeBreaker.

Last edited by VampiricClown; 07-21-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
I have Dead Man's Hand as well. I always preferred Red Dead Revolver. It's a slightly less dark kind of game, and feels like you're playing a Clint Eastwood type western. It's not the best game in the world, but it's better than DMH. The quick-draw segments are fun. Oh, and it's 3rd-person, not 1st.

I haven't played it, but from what I understand, all the gory bits are either blurred over, or gone black and white, similar to The Punisher. I believe you can un-censor it, by using a GameShark or CodeBreaker.
meh.....the best western theme games was OUTLAWS

Old 07-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post

I tried to find that game for awhile, but no luck. This is been a long time ago though.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post

Close but no cigar my friend, that title goes to Law of the West. ;)

Old 07-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Close but no cigar my friend, that title goes to Law of the West. ;)

Haha, What the hell is that!?