Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-13-2014, 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=FryeDwight;971678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
My goodness Frye..is this the same brother that sent you the "Fright Night" 1985 soundtrack. Is he single?

--------------------------------------------
Indeed it is (just the one Bro) and sadly, he is off the market. Just got married for the first time last year at 48:shocked: and has a ten year old stepson and an almost four year old son
Back in our single days, we saw lots of scary movies together before family life got us in its clutches!..I have the one daughter who is 26 and out of the house, while Brother has years of fun to look forward too!
Its sounds like you and your brother have a great relationship. If the truth be told, I have been married 30 years and also have adult children that have "left the nest". But they produced a new flock and I'm right back where I started! Those little ones are the loves of my life.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:42 PM

HELL NIGHT 1981

Starring Linda Blair and Vincent Van Patton.

Students spend the night in a mansion where the previous owner had murdered his family. This started out a bit predictable but I had a few genuine scares as it progressed. Its cheesy at times but actually pretty good. Linda Blair looked a little older than the other students and a bit out of place, but that was due, in part, to the costume she was wearing.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Evil Dead

Prom Night (1980)

Far from Jamie Lee Curtis' best horror movie. It's kind of slow in the middle and the reveal of the killer is predictable by today's standards otherwise it's a solid '80s slasher movie.

Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II (1987)

Definitely an improvement on the original. Adding the supernatural element to this franchise was like a breath of fresh air during a time when slasher movies had become stale and predictable. At first it gives off a low budget Poltergeist vibe but goes on to deliver some very visually striking scenes. The rocking horse's head coming to life in Vicki's room was just awesome. Vicki getting pulled into the chalkboard was also pretty cool. Very satisfying ending.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:17 PM
ventricle

Halloween 4, Return of Micheal Meyers

2/10

It stayed with the tradition of Halloween story/orthodoxy. But IMO the director was not skilled in creating the tension, mood and horror that made Halloween so notable. Without that, with this plot/story, there's really nothing there. In addition, I didn't care about the characters (the older step sister a little). Even good ole Donald Pleasence was a bit caricature.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:40 PM

THE INCUBUS. 1981

Starring John Cassavetes (purrrrrrrr)

Women in the town of Galen are being brutally raped and mutilated. The town's doctor and police chief are horrified but helpless against the culprit.

Interesting plot and great ending.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Halloween 4, Return of Micheal Meyers

2/10

It stayed with the tradition of Halloween story/orthodoxy. But IMO the director was not skilled in creating the tension, mood and horror that made Halloween so notable. Without that, with this plot/story, there's really nothing there. In addition, I didn't care about the characters (the older step sister a little). Even good ole Donald Pleasence was a bit caricature.
No doubt. #4 sucked balls. Plus, child acting.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:26 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
THE INCUBUS. 1981

Starring John Cassavetes (purrrrrrrr)
Yeah - I really liked this too.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (1973)

Truly an underrated gem with a pretty dark subject matter.

>>: A-

Patrick Vive Ancora aka Patrick Still Lives (1980)

Wow! A late 70s Aussie classic gets an Italian exploitation 'sequel' treatment in early 80s!! What better anyone could expect?! Sad...this things doesn't happen anymore

Loved it for its super-sleaziness with plenty of nudity

Thanks to Ferox for the rec.

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 06-15-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Scares Little Kids

Clicked on "House" on Netflix - freakin' hilarious, but lamer than I remember...
Old 06-16-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Yeah - I really liked this too.
SPOILER ALERT ****

I looked up a lot of reviews after watching "The Incubus" and was surprised at how many of them hinted at an incestuous relationship between the Doctor and his daughter. It was an awkward father/daughter relationship to watch, especially when he sees her getting out of the shower naked but keeps watching!(cringe), but I didn't think there was incest.