Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2003, 04:43 PM
That fucking Guy...

Just thought I'd ass my support here, I live in Australia, and given, from what I've seen, you've got a worse bunCh of cops over in the US...however, I am very dissapointed to see that we both have the same problem with police, they operate primarily to raise revenue....

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 12-01-2003 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:51 PM
Post-Moderation

Thanks for backing me up bloodrayne. I dont break the law purposely everyday, and it takes a dire situation to force me to do it.

I think it does have alot to do with your location, actually i have alot more problems in houston than in austin. Houstons police are pretty crazy, 2 different officers gunned down 2 different teenagers just this halloween. I dont know the exact situation but one was in an unmarked police car (on halloween so the teen didnt even know for sure it was a cop) and came up to the teen GUN DRAWN:eek: then when the teen tryed to drive off the curb he drove up on the officer shot him point-blank 2 times. Ive seen the video of this one its pretty graffic. I dont know about the other teen tho.

But shit like that happens alot in texas, our austin pd is under civil lawsuit for holding a doublestanderd and treating east austin and "the poor side" of town differently than the rest. Its quite currupt.

Kentucky sounds like paradise.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Saint of Killers

Arioch, it doesnt get any better when you get older either, I am in my early 30s, and I used to get hasseled alot by local PD until I moved out to farm country. I lived in San Diego for a while, ran with a tuff crowd of bikers, we got hasseled a lot. I am not going to say I never did anything illegal, I did, but my buddies and I were always respectable to the cops. Theyre Jagoffs none the less. Cops just dont like bikers or anybody with long hair, and if you think they dont profile ask anyone you may know who is black. I am sure there are good cops out their but i think the majority especially younger cops have a chip on their shoulder and are looking to make a name for themselves. Most aint shit without the badge and the gun. Just try( I know its hard) to be respectable to them. Dont ever ever consent to a search of your vehicle, they have no right without probable cause. Any one who tells you that cops dont plant stuff dont know shit. My wifes whole family are cops in a major city and at family parties the things that I hear them talking about would put them all in prison for a long long time. You cant depend on anyone but yourself always remember that,

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

I've never been nice my whole life....but, I'll do my best to be sweet.

I keep my standards low, so I'm never disappointed.

The next words out of your mouth better be some Mark Twain shit, cos' I am going to be chiseling it on your tombstone.

Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead.

Forgive your enemies......after they are slain.

The God I believe in aint short of cash mister.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
I am sure there are good cops out their but i think the majority especially younger cops have a chip on their shoulder and are looking to make a name for themselves. Most aint shit without the badge and the gun. Just try( I know its hard) to be respectable to them.
For real, i have met some cool cops in my day. Theyve been few and far between but they do exist and they really do their job. I think they are becoming more and more the minority tho. I dont understand why the badge and the gun also come with a God complex. Just once id like to be in a situation in which the cop doesnt talk down to me and belittle me but shakes my hand and treats me like another human being.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
For real, i have met some cool cops in my day. Theyve been few and far between but they do exist and they really do their job. I think they are becoming more and more the minority tho. I dont understand why the badge and the gun also come with a God complex. Just once id like to be in a situation in which the cop doesnt talk down to me and belittle me but shakes my hand and treats me like another human being.

You should live in Kentucky...We know how to treat people right!

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 12-02-2003, 12:32 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

hmm sounds like this cop is one of those, >>Im doing my job the easy way cops

you know, like, today you're gonna walk around that area, and when he sees a kid beeing hassled he just doesn't do anything, he'll get his paycheck anyway

did your friend had to go to the emergencys?
cause then you can easily file a complaint against the cop
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 12-02-2003, 04:08 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
No your way off here pall, i dont know how you look or where your from but in my hometown, when i cop sees a group of kids with long hair wearing all black hes gonna pull them over. Regaurdless of any complaints filed at all. This has happened to me and friends of mine countless times, and if it doesnt happen to you then be thankfull

It's simply not against the law to be a teenager or to wear black or to have long hair. That is NOT the reason you're being pulled over. If it is, then file a complaint and you'll win. It may be true that some cops will be less likely to ignore a minor offence if you don't "look like you do", but that's not what you said originally.

This is just ignorance. If you think cops arent more likely to pull over a red sportscar with loud exhaust over an suv youve either never driven one or never seen one.:rolleyes: Anything that draws attention is going to draw twice as much negative attention from law enforcement. I get tailgated by cops at least twice a week when im going 5 UNDER the speed limit. I always drive this speed because i KNOW im watched more carefully and you cant know the aggrivation when a cop needlessly gets 3 feet from your bumper to run your plates for warrents even tho your driving slower and more carefully than 90% of drivers on the same road:rolleyes:

Ignorance is lack of knowledge, and I know that cops ARE more likely to pull over a sportier car than a less sporty one, but again, that car has to have done something other than rolling quietly and peacefully down the street. And how are you so sure that cops are running your plates, and even if they are how are you aure they're doing to you more than to the average joe? Isn't that speculation? Or is it paranoia?

Granted and i DO accept it, most people do. When i have a problem with law enforcement is when i get hassled for stereotypes like being a teenager with long hair and driving the car i drive even tho no law has been broken. I have to over exagerate driving slow and carefull because of these stereotypes. And when a cop refuses to help in ANY emergency while at the same time slowing you down from helping someone in need thats just plain wrong! And something tells me if it was your best friend on the side of the road cunvulsing with no chance of getting an ambulance you wouldve done the same thing (i think anyone would, including my law abiding parents who support my actions here), so dont throw down any "holier than thou" morals on me for doing the RIGHT thing in this situation.
I didn't say you were doing the wrong thing by trying to help your friend, so don't get all third grade mad at me until you assure yourself you fully understand what I said.
If you paid attention, you'd have realized I AGREED with your action in that situation; I was speaking the rest in regard to the OTHER times you claimed to be hasasled. That's not "holier then thou" at all. :rolleyes:
Old 12-04-2003, 09:01 AM
Evil Bitch From HELL

OKay....right off the top I live in Kentucky and the cops where I live fucking suck!!! Always up my ass...yes I have a sports car with a loud exhaust...neon lights(which I only use for show purpose)... I was coming home from MD when I got stopped five miles from my house.... I wasent driving too fast (and believe me I normally do) I was like three above the speed limit... The cop pulled me over because I was smoking a cig. and he thought I was too young to be smoking...WTF...Then he said my exhaust is what drew the attention and gave me a ticket for sound ordinance....ONCE AGAIN W T F!!!!! I guess I was lucky it could have been one of the normal days and I could have been fling past him about 40 over the speed limit.. I think they are bored and like Arioch said.... QUOTA....end of the month ...BULLSHIT IF YOU ASK ME. Now, unlike Arioch, I normally break the law when it comes to driving...but I only get pulled over for dumb shit...:rolleyes:
Have you ever Noticed when You need a COP they are no where to be found convienent or what? Sorry to here about your crappy experince....Arioch