Old 05-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to brownzombie
Question Junji Ito's Uzumaki...

Anybody aware of this manga by Junji Ito? This book has disturbing visuals equal to movie sequences. It's gruesome, Lovecraftian and almost outdoes any Fulci or Argento film. If there are any opinions about Uzumaki, let me know.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:40 AM
That fucking Guy...

Did you know...?

Hey, I dunno if it's the same thing or not, but I got a movie by the same name....I put THIS in the "modern horror movies" bit:

"Uzumaki. The word seems to mean spiral or vortex. I think it may have been based on a Japanese comic...but anyway...I've only watched half so far, I turned it off 'cos it's a bit much to kinda "take in" all in one go...this films fucking mental - So far, people get obsessed by "the vortex"...go pretty crazy, and then do some pretty fucked up stuff...some of which is even hard to describe. The film-makers also do a few headfucks wth random imagery flashing inexplicably, and best of all, they add spirals into the scenery sometimes...they just kind warp it ever so much...just so you kinda see it, and wonder "hey, did I just see...?"
Anyway. I know none of this makes sense, and, well, neither does the film...but if you're into very weird fucked up craziness, you gotta see this."

So...does it sound like roughly the same thing?