Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok View Post
i make no bones about it - i like my violence cartoonish.
I'm not saying the other stuff shouldnt exist - but i do wonder why people would like it.

(i know - you arent supposed to like it)
Agreed. This raises two questions for me. First, if you aren't supposed to like it, why do people watch it? Second, what is wrong with those few who do actually like it?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:00 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

I can't stand the dentist movie where he drills their teeth,Ugh!
Old 12-19-2006, 03:05 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdave View Post
IMPRINT and MARMAID IN A MAN HOLE both made me feel dirty but its what you see as good and bad i know people that watch old boy and imprint just for how fucked up they are .
I dont see why people think Imprint was so "fucked up"

Yes, this subject matter is kind of disturbing, but it's handled in such an over-the-top fashion that I just cant comprehend how it could really "get" to anyone.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer666 View Post
Agreed. This raises two questions for me. First, if you aren't supposed to like it, why do people watch it? Second, what is wrong with those few who do actually like it?
s- ome folks say that they like their sensibilities challenged. they like to see convention breaking down.

- others have seen everything and need a fix of something new .. the next level

- some like to look their greatest fears right in the face ..

- some are dead inside and nothing bothers them

- some are sick and like whats happening on screen

- some like to play billy-bad ass

- some are just curious .

i'm sure there are more reasons ...

i'm not saying people are automatically nuts for liking or wanting to see this stuff (or making it) and i suppose it has it's place in cinema...

i'm just saying that it's not for me. I personally dont understand it ... i know where my line is drawn for whatever personal reasons i have. I just cant deal with it - even though its ultimately 'just a movie'
Old 12-19-2006, 11:08 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdave View Post
your right there im just being a baby... incest child rape torture of women abortions done in a barn and the dead babys thrown into a river children beating people to death and billy dragos acting! these thinks are not bad im going to have some 8 year olds come by and see this insted of cars :D
You didnt understand my post. Allow me to break it down for you:

Quote:
this subject matter is kind of disturbing
Im not arguing with you about that, there is some truely fucked up stuff going on on that movie, BUT:

Quote:
it's handled in such an over-the-top fashion that I just cant comprehend how it could really "get" to anyone.
There's some pretty fucked up stuff going on in Basket Case too, but I dont see anyone getting overly disturbed by it. Imprint was really cartoony and over-the-top. If the subject matter was taken seriously it could have been a really, really sick movie, but it wasnt.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3SSUR3 View Post
And I wouldn't worry about questioning your motives for watching a fictional Japanese torture film - leave that to the campaign groups, Christians and the starched, sterile wierdos who make up the 'moral majority'. These are desperate to point the finger at anyone with a sense of dangerous adventure and curiousity, while they themselves are at home fucking their kids while preaching restraint and repression.
Yeh dude your right on that one :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManchestrMorgue View Post
They just beat/tortured the girl for the whole film - most of it wasn't shot for gore, it was shot for cruelty.
I think that's what I found unsettling when I watched bits and pieces of it a second time..... it's not exactly the ideal viewing after a few cones! But I've gotta give it props for it succeeding in its desired effect of fucking with my head, its probably the first film to ever to that to me.

I will end up watching more stuff like this out of my twisted curiousity to see cinema pushed to the limits.

I'm looking forward to seeing Aftermath because I've heard its an amazing and powerful piece of film and I really wanna see Murder-Set-Pieces because I love superviolent slasher flicks.

What's the August Underground stuff like? Does it have a plot or is it the whole "we found a tape" deal like Guinea Pig? It looked interesting from what I've seen in magazines n' shit and I heard the effects are amazing (got them the Murder-Set-Pieces gig).
Old 12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Smack My Titties

Quote:
1] We need something to masturbate to, often in time to the knife incisions. The "money shot" - such as final decapitation, extreme blood spurting etc - often coincides with orgasm.

2] Nothing.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Evil Puppy

I like gory movies, especially some of the "harsher" ones. I, on the other hand, hate movies like "Faces of Death" where it's implied that the deaths are real. Special effects are very cool and to see something brought to life (or death) the way you do in some gory films is great. People flying, dragons thundering across the ground, and people getting their faces blown off... it's all rather fun.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
What's the August Underground stuff like? Does it have a plot or is it the whole "we found a tape" deal like Guinea Pig? It looked interesting from what I've seen in magazines n' shit and I heard the effects are amazing (got them the Murder-Set-Pieces gig).
They are seriously nasty (especially Mordum). There is no real plot, it just pretends to be the home movies of a group of very sick killers. The special effects are very good, but the production itself is poor - it tries to look like a handycam home movie to look "authentic" but I think this detracts from the film. It tries too hard to look amateur and ends up detracting from the atmosphere rather than adding to it.

Mordum is nasty, far more so than the Guinea Pig films; and has none of the redeeming qualities of Aftermath. Some of the cast are just annoying. I have no desire to re-watch. I just don't find films with no plot and no purpose (but to shock and disgust) have any repeat value.

By all means, watch if you want to see "the worst of the worst", but don't expect anything but good special effects and scenes that I think would overstep most people's boundaries (most horror fans' boundaries).

It is comparable to Scrapbook, only much more graphic and crosses more taboos. But like with Scrapbook, I could be upset by the images, however realise it's only the make-believe of some seriously depraved people and get bored and sick of just being disgusted for the sake of it.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
1] We need something to masturbate to, often in time to the knife incisions. The "money shot" - such as final decapitation, extreme blood spurting etc - often coincides with orgasm.

2] Nothing.
You are officially my favorite.

Quote:
We need something to masturbate to, often in time to the knife incisions. The "money shot" - such as final decapitation, extreme blood spurting etc - often coincides with orgasm.
Muh shit.