Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-05-2009, 02:11 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Jennifer's Body (2009)

>>: C

Magnolia (1999)

>>: A-
Old 11-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Erik the Viking

Despite the nagging feeling you're watching a Monty Python movie without Monty Python, it develops some interesting ideas along the way.

I remember the first time I saw Erik I absolutely cracked up when they're trying to arrange the seating on the Viking ship.

Watchmen

This is a second viewing and I think it was better this time round.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 11-05-2009, 03:25 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Not a bad little outting for all us Hepcats - Unfortunally its not near as good as the director's precious JD outting 'The Cool and the Crazy' but it does have Richard Bakalyan back as his usual lingo spouting greaser...

Oh yea the guy who play Ike Godsey from the Waltons is a teen Thug too...

Old 11-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Midnight toker

Shaun of the Dead.:cool:
Old 11-05-2009, 04:07 AM
annekke

Mortuary It gave me several urges to vomit.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:00 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Q: What do you call a man with no arms and legs hanging on a wall?
A: Art

Been years since I've seen that one. Carl Weathers never really took off as an action star especially after Hurricane Smith :D A bit of a pity seeing as he had a really good presence and charisma in Action Jackson. The director Craig R. Baxley should've been bigger too Stone Cold and Dark Angel (aka I Come In Peace) are classics of action cinema but minor cult hits don't cut it when the studios want "Die Hards" and "Lethal Weapons" i.e $$$$$$$$.
They never really cared about Carl Weathers. One of those around who you never noticed. I thought he was excellent in Predator and in the Rocky series. He was one actor who went under the radar. Too bad.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 PM
No, fuck YOU

"The marsh" 5-6/10
Old 11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant (2009)

Totally DESTROYED my expectations. The books were my absolute favourites when I was younger, so even though this looked pretty lame I had to check it out anyway. Based on the trailers I wasn't expecting much at all, but as it turns out, I really had fun with it.

Stays surprisingly faithful to the books, essentially adapting the first and second, while mixing in some elements of the third as well. It's obviously condensed quite a bit, but they hit most of the major points and keep the atmosphere completely intact. John C. Reilly was a huge surprise as Crepsely - I hated the idea when I heard he was cast, but he actually did a lot of justice to the character; after seeing it, I couldn't imagine anyone else in the role. Casting was bang on all-around...all the "freaks" were awesome, Ray Stevenson was perfect as Murlaugh (though I do wish they had used more of Tunnels of Blood so he could have got more screentime), and even the younger cast were pretty impressive - specifically Josh Hutcherson as Steve, who managed some wonderfully menacing moments during the climax.

Of course there are elements that as a fan of the books, I could nitpick about. But on the whole it was a very faithful and HIGHLY entertaining adaption of one of my favourite modern vampire stories. Anyone who has read the books will not be disappointed, and if you can get past the fact that it's geared towards a younger audience most everyone should find something to enjoy.

Fingers crossed they stick to the plan and adapt the rest of the series - this really left me wanting more.

Last edited by The_Return; 11-05-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
They never really cared about Carl Weathers. One of those around who you never noticed. I thought he was excellent in Predator and in the Rocky series. He was one actor who went under the radar. Too bad.

Shit I forgot he was in Predator :o

I was watching Death Hunt with Charlie Bronson and Lee Marvin last night and he turned up in that too funnily enough.

I'm well overdue to check out Copland again. I've always really dug it and thought of it as Sly's standout performance and was a return to his earlier work where he wasn't as typecasted.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
That fucking Guy...

Children of the Corn - I'd seen it once before years ago but didn't remember too much of it. It's an interesting kind've film, though personally didn't find it all that terrifying.

#2 of the above ^^ - Hm..."more of the same" only not quite as good.

UP - I really liked this one. Whoever said that the opening montage was a little sad hit the nail on the head there - though I find that the subject matter of death was treated in a respectful and gentle way, doesn't bring the overall tone of the film down so much, just throws some melancholy into the mix - it's a good introduction to the character. It's a nice tale of moving on, love, loss, rediscovery of passion and friendship, and expectations not always turning out as one might think in life. Very solid film if you ask me, for all ages. It's funny too, and I think in regards to the animation some of the textures are really, unbelievably good.
So...I downloaded it, but this one's on my buy list without question.