Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Ah, roshiq! How did you see this?
Some unoriginal (but in pretty good quality) dvds are now available here in a store. Just bought them one & gave it a watch the other night. You won't be laughing out loud with most of the scenes, but there will be a smile in your face the whole way through. The humor works very well with the characters in it.
------------------------------------------------

Countess Dracula (1971)

>>: B-

*batteries Not Included (1987)

Charming little nostalgic experience.

>>: B+

Aliens in the Attic (2009)

>>: B-

Smash Cut (2009)

A tribute to the low budget schlock of Herschell Gordon Lewis' films.
Bad story, bad acting but still worth watching for the original fans of Lewis who may have that 'so-bad-they're-good' feel from this splatstick comedy. Featuring a cast of grindhouse and/or B-movie legends like David Hess (steals the show), Michael Berryman, Ray Sager and plus a H.G. Lewis appearance and adult film starlet Sasha Grey in this blood-splattered celebration of H.G Lewis’s work.

>>: C+
Old 09-12-2009, 07:42 AM
HDC Idol

Twilight ...................... :o

So my friend and I had read the book and decided to have a girl's night, knock back a couple of beers, and try to live our teenage romantic years... ... ... OK, I really don't have much of an excuse for watching this movie, especially since I had heard how awful it was from various sources, but I just finished the book and I had hoped that at least a PART of the film would make me feel like a silly 17-year-old in love again...

But not so much. It was pretty turgid. Over-dramatic. TERRIBLY acted (ok, I'm a total pedophile for saying this, but I think that Robert Pattinson is ridiculously hot, but he can't act his way out of a paper bag), and just... really really cheesy. I realize that the target demographic are "'tweens," but could we please give them some damn credit! Sure, I was brooding and moody at 17, but I was also intelligent, well-spoken, and enjoyed movies with substance. Of course, there isn't much to the book outside of the silly love story (not very much conflict or drama, so I'd say that the movie at least added a bit of that), but the on screen "intensity" was enough to make me scoff. They should have made this a silent picture with the amount of baleful glances back and forth.

Ick.

Oh, well. This will remain a guilty pleasure and nothing but, but it was still pretty awful regardless. I think that it could have been a lot better. Not amazing, but at least watchable.

2/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

i saw twilight in the theatre, and again on dvd...

and i still cant remember a damn thing about the movie..

i've never experienced such a total lack of 'presence' in my life.

vampires supposedly throw no reflections ... neither does this movie.

(i didnt hate it - i didnt anything it)
Old 09-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
:eek: :confused: :eek:

:mad:
Don't you judge me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I think that it could have been a lot better
Definitely! Especially if it had a different cast, plot, and was based on a different book, maybe a good one. :D

In all seriousness, I never have and never plan to read the book or watch the movie, so I have no real opinion on it.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Titty Twister

Cabin Fever

nice original piece
Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Err soo the Canadian horror movie channel Scream has recently rebranded and turned into the Dusk channel. aka they played a bunch of Supernatural reruns on Scream, their female demographic shot through the roof so now they just play psychological thrillers and chick flicks with a paranormal edge. I'm upset by this, but with them debuting on 09/09/09 their gimic has been to play some newer and/or good movies for 9 days stright at 9pm. Last night's line-up wasn't bad.

We watched Silence of the Lambs which is my bf's favourite.
Then Misery which just scares the shit out of me. Kathy Bates has scared me since childhood.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:23 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Whiteout (2009)

Flat-out insulting to the viewer's intelligence. Not only is the plot dull and predictable, the writers felt the need to spell everything out as often as possible. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a movie with such an ungodly amount of awful expository dialogue, and so many useless flashbacks.

Beyond that, it gives you no reason to care what's going on. The characters are underdeveloped, and there is no tension whatsoever. When the "mystery" - if you can call it that - was solved near the end, it may have been the most anti-climactic climax of all time. I just sat there thinking "Yes...and?".

There really isn't anything redeeming about this movie, at all...and I haven't even mentioned the gaping holes in logic (a certain underground escape left me in awe of it's idiocy), the horrid CGI, the sloppy editing - the list goes on. I haven't read the graphic novel that this was based on, so perhaps it's more worthwhile. The movie sure as Hell isn't.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:11 PM
EvilAsh

The Sixth Sense

That ending still gets me.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
i saw twilight in the theatre, and again on dvd...

and i still cant remember a damn thing about the movie..

i've never experienced such a total lack of 'presence' in my life.

vampires supposedly throw no reflections ... neither does this movie.

(i didnt hate it - i didnt anything it)
Yeah, I think that sums it up pretty well. I think the only reason why it stuck with me is that I enjoyed the book (just a silly summer "'tween" read) and was disappointed how awful the movie turned out to be. I mean, high school romance shouldn't be THAT hard to put on screen, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post

Definitely! Especially if it had a different cast, plot, and was based on a different book, maybe a good one. :D

In all seriousness, I never have and never plan to read the book or watch the movie, so I have no real opinion on it.
LOL - I know, the book isn't great; I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone... But it should have been an easy movie to make; pure teen fantasy. But it was just... ick.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
For Vendetta

Liked it quite a bit.