Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 06-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Now she has us.

Question Cannibal Holocaust authentic yay or nay

How authentic is this film, I watched it yesterday for the first time, read through the CH thread somewhere, but is there any real proof that this is, well....... what you see is actually real..

I must admit, some of it did look pretty real to me, or the guys in charge of special effects and makeup really knew their stuff, cos some of the scenes pulled off looked pretty convincing, for the age of the film.

there was brief info before the end credits about prosecution, but was the guy prosecuted due to the nature of it even though it was fake or because it was real and he broke boundires with what shouldnt have been filmed.

I didnt find the film disturbing, just increased my curiosity around such a title as this.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 06-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Cannibal Holocaust authentic yay or nay

Quote:
Originally posted by ShankS
How authentic is this film, I watched it yesterday for the first time, read through the CH thread somewhere, but is there any real proof that this is, well....... what you see is actually real..

I must admit, some of it did look pretty real to me, or the guys in charge of special effects and makeup really knew their stuff, cos some of the scenes pulled off looked pretty convincing, for the age of the film.

there was brief info before the end credits about prosecution, but was the guy prosecuted due to the nature of it even though it was fake or because it was real and he broke boundires with what shouldnt have been filmed.

I didnt find the film disturbing, just increased my curiosity around such a title as this.
as an italian film fan (got my badge and everything) what do you need to know
Old 06-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Now she has us.

if the story behind the dvd was true, then are the clips in the dvd from the actual film footage taken during real events. It's just that over the years I've read so much speculation as to it's authenticity, it would be nice for some clarrification, if not that, what you guys think of it.

<CENTER>

Old 06-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ShankS
if the story behind the dvd was true, then are the clips in the dvd from the actual film footage taken during real events. It's just that over the years I've read so much speculation as to it's authenticity, it would be nice for some clarrification, if not that, what you guys think of it.
what story, the filmmakers disappearing in the jungle...you've been reading too much. it's a film......there is real footage mix into the film, when they show the footage from the "teams" previous documentary they used footage from a mondo movie showing real executions.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:59 AM
No charge for awesomeness

This is what I've been told...

The animal slaughters are authentic.
The human stuff is not.

P.S. That guys weiner getting hacked off look so real I find it hard to believ it wasn't, but that's what I've been told.)
Old 06-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Now she has us.

thats what I wanted to know, wether there was actually real footage in the film from actual events, not just 'scripted'clips added amongst the team being filmed.

<CENTER>

Old 06-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
This is what I've been told...

The animal slaughters are authentic.
The human stuff is not.

P.S. That guys weiner getting hacked off look so real I find it hard to believ it wasn't, but that's what I've been told.)
ok listen up, gather round, this is the gospel.

1) jungle violence against humans - special effects
2) jungle violence against animals - real
3) documentary footage of executions - real
Old 06-29-2004, 11:06 AM
No charge for awesomeness

so....zwoti... are you saying that dude's dick really did get chopped off? Or no?
Old 06-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Now she has us.

I presume i've seen the uncut version, the dvd case is the Vipco red black and white one, nothing on it says uncut

anyway I think the only execution i saw was the bit where the guy takes the woman to the shore side on the boat and disposes of her, whilst she's laying on the mud etc. Unless I'm mistaken or got a cut version thats about it i think.

<CENTER>

Old 06-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
so....zwoti... are you saying that dude's dick really did get chopped off? Or no?
no, that would come under no.1, human violence in the jungle. the real human violence is when they show the documentary (something like last road to hell?) when you see people being shot & executed. this footage is real as from a mondo movie called africa addio. mondo movies are very questionable with a lot of accusations that some of the real deaths on screen were organised purely for the filmmakers.