Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 10-22-2015, 06:00 PM
Little Boo

The movie was unrated and could have stood on its own if not part of the franchise.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confession...e-repressions/
Old 01-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Little Boo

Honestly, I never really cared weather or not Freddy had homosexual tendencies. I just really, really enjoyed the movie, along with the others, and I think that it shouldn't matter what the subtext was....the movie was damn good.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:32 PM
ventricle

ANMOES2 had homosexual overtunes? I never heard of it till I read this resurrected thread.

Actually, I don't remember a frame of ANMOES2, though I'm sure I saw it. That's pretty damn unimpressionable. And so I would label it Forgettable.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:02 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Actually, I don't remember a frame of ANMOES2
There's a scene on a bus, the driver turns into Freddy. The Earth falls away leaving the bus kind of hanging on stone pillars above a big chasm.
That and he seems to possess the body of the main character ?Jessie?at times.
There is a pool party.
He kills some people there.
The end.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:28 AM
ventricle

Thanks, Chee! I feel like I could die in peace now.

I peeked at the trailer, and I remember the actors, but thats about it.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Evil is Better

As a part of the series, especially considering its the second in the franchise, its a mess but as a standalone it actually works. Not my favorite though.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Nancy Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpenthrope View Post
Don't know how important the movie really was to the gay community (although the subtext is obvious), but still kind of cool. I think a lot of people hate the movie out of homophobia.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-on-elm-street
I'm gay and I didn't consider it homophobic, but that's just me. I don't speak for the rest of the gay community, though. I don't see how it was a homophobic movie. I've struggled with my sexuality and a lot of other people do as well. The film was an allegory for those questions a lot of people have about their sexuality. It's a very relatable movie for a lot of people. Those are the best horror films, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieLover12 View Post
So, Freddy was a homosexual child killer!
Freddy kills both guys and girls, so he's not really a homosexual child killer. I don't know if someone like Freddy really has a preference or if he's just a bisexual child killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro13 View Post
The biggest reason I've found that people denounce this film, including Wes Craven, is because it takes Freddy out of the nightmares and puts him in the real world. The first film made you think Nancy had pulled Freddy out of the dream, only to show that she was still having a nightmare in the end. The dream sequences and kills in Nightmare 2 are also not as memorable as the original.

The homoerotic elements, while initially meant to be subtext, are very apparent and even the crew of Nightmare 2 look back and laugh about how blind they were to them. However, I don't think this really contributes to the overall dislike of the film, I think it has more to do with it being inferior to the original ( and the subsequent 2 films that came after ) than anything else.

I'm glad that it's finding its audience and is now much better regarded than it used to be, I never thought it was bad personally, but I don't think it can be denied that it comes off as more of a silly dark comedy than a straight up horror film. The coach's death alone is hilarious, and when you add on the infamous " dance " scene, exploding bird, and BAD demon dogs in the end sequence, it goes from silly to gold lol.
To me, I understand Wes Craven's concern with Freddy leaving the dream world, but to me A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 (1985) was always in the dream world. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 is all Freddy's nightmare. Jesse is a confused younger version of Freddy. It would conflict with the rest of the continuity with Amanda Krueger being a nun, but this could be solved by stating that she left the church after giving birth to Freddy. Maybe they bought a house in Springwood and his adopted father Ken Walsh was a jerk to him throughout his adolescence. I'm ignoring Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991). Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare was the worst in the series in my opinion. That's my theory on how the A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 could fit into the continuity and to explain how Freddy left the dream world, and still retained his super strength.
"Fool: Well I don't want in, I want out.
Alice: Sometimes 'in' is out." - Wes Craven, People Under the Stairs
Quote:
"I take back every bit of energy I gave you. You're nothing. You're $%^&." - Wes Craven, A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Ultimate Dream Warrior