Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Fulbright Fulbright is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 5
What are a portion of the best blood and gore flicks?

Blood and guts films give us the best of stimulation. Additionally, their reasonable methodologies make them significantly scarier. Besides, they give us Goosebumps and they can add a kick to our psyche, in excess of one way. In this way, for all the blood and guts film sweethearts we have brought the most elevated evaluated Horror motion pictures that gave another level to excite. Also, to all the scaredy felines, it is our recommendation not to watch these blood and gore flicks alone. My favourite movies are:

1. The Ring

2. The Descent

3. The Conjuring
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-10-2018, 10:29 AM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is online now
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: In a dark, dark place.
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulbright View Post
Blood and guts films give us the best of stimulation. Additionally, their reasonable methodologies make them significantly scarier. Besides, they give us Goosebumps and they can add a kick to our psyche, in excess of one way. In this way, for all the blood and guts film sweethearts we have brought the most elevated evaluated Horror motion pictures that gave another level to excite. Also, to all the scaredy felines, it is our recommendation not to watch these blood and gore flicks alone. My favourite movies are:

1. The Ring

2. The Descent

3. The Conjuring
Are you serious? I can think of over 10 movies that are much gorier than those 3 movies.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Friday the 13th
Halloween
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Land of the Dead
Zombie aka Zombi 2
Hell of the Living Dead
28 Days Later
The Return of the Living Dead
Children of the Corn
Cujo
Hostel
Saw
Jeepers Creepers
Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow
Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd

And to be honest I really don't care that much about gore and guts in horror movies. Some really great horror classics don't even have violence.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2018, 01:38 PM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulbright View Post
Blood and guts films give us the best of stimulation. Additionally, their reasonable methodologies make them significantly scarier. Besides, they give us Goosebumps and they can add a kick to our psyche, in excess of one way. In this way, for all the blood and guts film sweethearts we have brought the most elevated evaluated Horror motion pictures that gave another level to excite. Also, to all the scaredy felines, it is our recommendation not to watch these blood and gore flicks alone. My favourite movies are:

1. The Ring

2. The Descent

3. The Conjuring
What?

There is so much gore out there, none of these come close.

You need to see some German Splatter films.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-10-2018, 01:56 PM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is online now
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: In a dark, dark place.
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
What?

There is so much gore out there, none of these come close.

You need to see some German Splatter films.
Or even Italian horror flicks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulbright View Post
Blood and guts films give us the best of stimulation. Additionally, their reasonable methodologies make them significantly scarier. Besides, they give us Goosebumps and they can add a kick to our psyche, in excess of one way. In this way, for all the blood and guts film sweethearts we have brought the most elevated evaluated Horror motion pictures that gave another level to excite. Also, to all the scaredy felines, it is our recommendation not to watch these blood and gore flicks alone. My favourite movies are:

1. The Ring

2. The Descent

3. The Conjuring
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Are you serious? I can think of over 10 movies that are much gorier than those 3 movies. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
What?

There is so much gore out there, none of these come close. ...
Well, he said these were his favorites, not that these were the goriest. Good choices too. I wasn't a big fan of Descent... I liked the setting, but just wasn't enough there for me.
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 05-12-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2018, 02:59 PM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is online now
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: In a dark, dark place.
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Well, he said these were his favorites, not that these were the goriest. Good choices too. I wasn't a big fan of Descent... I liked the setting, but just wasn't enough there for me.
Lol sorry it's just odd that the topic was about gory movies and then he lists those three movies as his favorites which really aren't that gory at all.

The Ring was pretty good I agree, I never saw The Descent, and I really didn't care for The Conjuring (or Annabelle) but I understand that most people liked it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Lol sorry it's just odd that the topic was about gory movies and then he lists those three movies as his favorites which really aren't that gory at all.

The Ring was pretty good I agree, I never saw The Descent, and I really didn't care for The Conjuring (or Annabelle) but I understand that most people liked it.
Yep, those three aren't particular gory.

I really liked the first three quarters of The Conjuring -- loved the depth of the parapsych couple and the depth they go into on the subject matter. Also, I thought the scares and directing technique was primo portraying the haunting at the house. But (obviously) disliked the last quarter because it was so by-the-numbers, unoriginal and mechanical. Same thing goes for Ouija: Origin of Evil, same reasons.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2018, 03:37 PM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is online now
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: In a dark, dark place.
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yep, those three aren't particular gory.

I really liked the first three quarters of The Conjuring -- loved the depth of the parapsych couple and the depth they go into on the subject matter. Also, I thought the scares and directing technique was primo portraying the haunting at the house. But (obviously) disliked the last quarter because it was so by-the-numbers, unoriginal and mechanical. Same thing goes for Ouija: Origin of Evil, same reasons.
Well honestly I just didn't like it because as an atheist I'm not a big fan of horror movies that are about going pro-Christain or pro-Jewish in order to fight something evil. Some other examples include The Exorcist, The Unborn, and The Possession.

I know that's a very stupid reason to dislike a movie but that's just how I feel.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Well honestly I just didn't like it because as an atheist I'm not a big fan of horror movies that are about going pro-Christain or pro-Jewish in order to fight something evil. Some other examples include The Exorcist, The Unborn, and The Possession.

I know that's a very stupid reason to dislike a movie but that's just how I feel.
I understand what you're saying. Not gonna say that's stupid. It'll tick me off, and to some degree ruin a film, if the film misrepresents, and otherwise unfairly bashes, a philosophy/religion/belief-system, a group or an individual. It's really hard to get past that.

I guess that's a little different from what you're saying in the sense it's the misrepresentation that burns me... I don't mind if film is genuinely presenting a point of view, best foot forward with integrity, of something I currently disagree with. Fiction or otherwise. Basically I'm intrigued as a social scientist to learn the point of view (or otherwise ride it as a drama setting). For me personally, that surely progressed with age, but then I always sought out the unknown, the different than my upbringing's view, the other world religions/philosophies... that eventually helped add to and sharpen what I knew and believed. Otherwise what I believe and know is more disconnected and insular.

Like let's say, hypothetically, I thought that ultimately, big picture-wise Scientology was bad for people and society, and/or false at it's core beliefs (as I currently understood it)… If I saw a film that accurately presented Scientology and was 'doing good' with it, it wouldn't immediately turn me off the film. Probably goes back to my core belief in the Free Market Place of Ideas -- let anything reveal itself, step into the light, and people can test it (as in discern it) for themselves, and with help they seek from others.

With The Conjuring, it's not misrepresenting/bashing atheism, or any other belief system, in any way. It's not far off from just using a current Western paradigm as a plot setting... a stone's throw from someone using a cross to wardoff a vampire. Without changing your entire belief structure, maybe you can enjoy, or otherwise not be so annoyed, with a film where some characters express their judeochristian belief system? Just take it as an anthropologist would?
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 05-12-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-12-2018, 08:18 PM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is online now
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: In a dark, dark place.
Posts: 1,022
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I understand what you're saying. Not gonna say that's stupid. It'll tick me off, and to some degree ruin a film, if the film misrepresents, and otherwise unfairly bashes, a philosophy/religion/belief-system, a group or an individual. It's really hard to get past that.

I guess that's a little different from what you're saying in the sense it's the misrepresentation that burns me... I don't mind if film is genuinely presenting a point of view, best foot forward with integrity, of something I currently disagree with. Fiction or otherwise. Basically I'm intrigued as a social scientist to learn the point of view (or otherwise ride it as a drama setting). For me personally, that surely progressed with age, but then I always sought out the unknown, the different than my upbringing's view, the other world religions/philosophies... that eventually helped add to and sharpen what I knew and believed. Otherwise what I believe and know is more disconnected and insular.

Like let's say, hypothetically, I thought that ultimately, big picture-wise Scientology was bad for people and society, and/or false at it's core beliefs (as I currently understood it) If I saw a film that accurately presented Scientology and was 'doing good' with it, it wouldn't immediately turn me off the film. Probably goes back to my core belief in the Free Market Place of Ideas -- let anything reveal itself, step into the light, and people can test it (as in discern it) for themselves, and with help they seek from others.

With The Conjuring, it's not misrepresenting/bashing atheism, or any other belief system, in any way. It's not far off from just using a current Western paradigm as a plot setting... a stone's throw from someone using a cross to wardoff a vampire. Without changing your entire belief structure, maybe you can enjoy, or otherwise not be so annoyed, with a film where some characters express their judeochristian belief system? Just take it as an anthropologist would?
I understand what you're saying and it doesn't always bother me badly. I mean I like to think that I'm open-minded enough to say that I believe everybody should have the right to their religious beliefs even if I myself dislike religion. But I guess the reason why anything having to do with Christianity annoys me so much is because we do live in a dominantly Christain society and I see its influence in everything, especially in movies and TV shows. Same goes for Judaism.

But that isn't the only reason why I disliked The Conjuring. I honestly just didn't think the movie was that scary. I find a lot of those "based on a true story" type movies to be silly because I know that most of the time they're either completely made up or barely have anything to do with what actually happened. Lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
horror, horror bloody mary

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:01 AM.