Old 11-01-2014, 12:22 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
The Bissman Building

I went to the haunted Bissman building on Halloween. It was featured in The Shawshank Redemption although not as much as The Mansfield Reformatory. Both are in Mansfield,Ohio.

First was a walk where they talk about the building and history. Then we walked around, hearing more history as we went along. One man F.W. Simon was killed in the elevator in the early 1900's a little girl we call Ruthie who was killed and her body is somewhere in the basement and hasn't been found. I don't want to give too much history because it is so much better hearing it first hand. It is a whole different experience.
Second we went on a hunt. I had never gone on the hunt before. We first went up to the top floor and went into Ruthie's room. We all sat in a circle (no ouija boards allowed.) but we had Mel Readers and used flashlights to communicate. The flashlight was off and we saw it turn on,and off and responded to our questions. After I would say an hour in Ruthie's room we went to another part of the building on the 3rd floor where there had been a lot of activity from Mr. FW Simon. We didn't really get the same activity as we did in Ruthie's room, but we did feel and see shadows and the Mel Reader went a little crazy at times. We finally went to the Red Room (it's a room with red curtians, and a large table where they used to ready the coffee beans and such when it was a functioning store.) We had little activity there that night. Each experience is different,but that's normal.
We didn't visit the basement on the haunt, just on the walk. It is very dusty there and a lot of mold and such. So we skipped it this time.
It was actually quite great it was all women on the walk. The only male was the guide.
My mom and I got to ride the elevator too. We had to it was safer for my mom, and i was helping her. I can post pictures here if anyone is interested, or just on my facebook. I didnt take a lot of pictures because it was dark, and my camera kind of stinks. I didnt use my phone camera either. I hadn't looked a lot at the pictures myself yet. I would like to see if anyone else does see anything that I might not be able to either.

If anyone else wants more info or to schedule a tour please visit http://www.bissmanbuilding.com/

Fell free to ask me any questions I can always ask and get back with you on answers.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Horror Fan

Lightbulb

Hey Nightmare of Death, glad you made some fun memories. :halloween: Post the photo you think is most paranormal and I'll tell you what I think.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:07 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Hey Nightmare of Death, glad you made some fun memories. :halloween: Post the photo you think is most paranormal and I'll tell you what I think.
Well I'm not sure if any are paranormal. As I said I hadn't taken very many last night. I will post some even if it's not too paranormal. We'll find out. :)

Here is a few photos. I have more on my facebook, and can always load more. :)