Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Evil Dead

I read somewhere a girl recently died when an exorcism was performed on her, anyone else hear this............
Old 01-21-2004, 06:50 PM
Banned

yes, you probably read that here
Old 01-21-2004, 08:32 PM
willows mommy

i like the movie. its a horror classic but i ts was over hyped. my friends were like i saw it and i couldn't sleep it scared me or it was i heard that the girl that was posesed meaning linda blair went crazy after making the movie in real life. when i watched it i was like whats the big deal. its not so scary. i do believe that possesions may have happend but it wasn't that common or not talked about much in communities where it happend.

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)
Old 01-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Scares Little Kids

I really like the film. It is one of those old fashioned 'slow' films thats builds up the atmosphere of the piece gradually. It is set in such a normal world with people who plod along not doing very much, allowing the audience to suspend thier disbelief. Nothing happens for a long time which made the later scenes all the more shocking. And I think shocking is the right word. The audience of the time had never seen anything like it a little girl doing those things made it even more shocking.

There has to be something said about the morals of the filmmakers who subject a child actress to these extreme scenes. I read an interveiw with Tarantino recently and he said one of the reasons he used animation for a part of Kill Bill was because he didnt think it would have been right ask a child to act those scenes.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Banned

Please, you don't hear her complaining, do ya? If they asked her to suck their dicks on camera, THAT'D be wrong.

BTW, the movie was based on events that happened in the city I live in (St. Louis)
Old 01-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Scares Little Kids

no your right they didnt ask her to suck their dicks. Just shove a crucifix up herself a few times.:rolleyes:
Old 01-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Banned

And to that I say "so what?"
Old 01-24-2004, 05:47 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by the kessler boy
There has to be something said about the morals of the filmmakers who subject a child actress to these extreme scenes. I read an interveiw with Tarantino recently and he said one of the reasons he used animation for a part of Kill Bill was because he didnt think it would have been right ask a child to act those scenes.
I just read a book about the Exorcist by a guy named Mark Kermode... it's worth a look if you can find it. At the time they said that Linda Blair was in all the scenes of the film; later they admitted that there was a stand-in for scenes like the crucifix masturbation scene.

The stand-in was also the person who wore the whiteface makeup for the subliminal cuts. I always thought it was Jason Miller (Father Karras). One of the cool things that the book has is a lot of other photos of the test reel for the subliminals. They probably picked the best one.

According to Blatty, the case that the Exorcist was based on happened in Mt. Rainier, Maryland in 1949.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:34 AM

I think it was a creepy movie, but not a lot of horrors scare me. Still, it was very well made, and I really like (I think they only show this on the SE DVD) when she goes down the stairs, crawling on her hands and facing up.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Evil Dead

none

they movie sacred me. i mean, this is coming from some one who hasn't been into horror for a mega long time. i liked it tho. i thought it was a very well done movie. i used to go to private school and i remeber that our teacher was telling us all this stuff about how the excorcist was the most evil movie out there and stuff. she said that everyone involed making the movied died. do ya know anything about this? lol, silly private school.