Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Hellraiser

The Tingler is classic Price. When I first watched this on Chiller Theater I thought the story line was fantastic. If a scream kills the creature, find a mute. Brilliant. And as for the wired chairs in the theater for the Tingler and the flying skeletons in House on Haunted Hill, those things can only add to a movie. Great concepts.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:02 AM
Scares Little Kids

I loved loved loved The Tingler... I was lucky enough to catch it at NY's Film Forum where they rigged up the seats w/ the "tingler" shockers :) (it felt more like a buzzer). Also, one of the audience members was planted & during the movie house scene the planted person jupmed up screaming with a rubber Tingler on his spine (while the theater ushers ran after him with flashlights out).
It was a double feature with House on Haunted Hill where the skeleton came across the ceiling of the theater (was that called "Emergo"?).

I don't know if the Film Forum still holds these horror festivals. I remember they showed The Tingler 2 years in a row, but that was over 4 years ago (when I last attended). Anyone have any info if the Film Forum still holds these horror festivals?