Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Evil Dead

It's horror-comedy. That's my take. I like it alot. It was one of the first horror type movies I remember seeing. It has a cheesy charm that keeps bringing me back. I've seen it many, many times.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Banned

wtf is the point of even giving the classic folder a timeframe if nobody's going to uphold it?

Oh, and Kiefer Sutherland and Corey Feldman own
Old 02-05-2004, 03:34 PM

I love The Lost Boys. I'd say it's a horror-comedy. It's not a CLASSIC, not yet, anyway. It should be with time. I've seen it 2125675685246 times and I own it on DVD. :)

"BURN RUBBER DOES NOT MEAN WARP SPEED!!!!"

I love that line.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:28 PM
willows mommy

i like lost boys. but give it another 5 yrs and it willb a classic but to me it already is one. both corey's where in it. the one diane wiests son in the movie and the other corey was one of the vamp hunter kids i forget there names though

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)
Old 02-07-2004, 04:35 AM
Evil Dead

If classic just means a movie is a certain age then the Lost Boys will eventually become a classic.

If classic means a movie that you like a lot than the Lost Boys might be a classic in your own collection. There are a few truly rotten horror films that I love and watch all the time but still shouldn't go on a list of the best fifty horror films. Examples: The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sardonicus (aka Castle of the Living Dead) and Horror Rises from the Tomb.

If classic truly means that the Lost Boys is a film that any horror fan should watch and belongs on a top-50 list, IMO it will never be a horror classic.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Undead

The Lost Boys was a greta movie. I consider it a horror merely because I consider most vampire movies a horror. Perhaps that's an overgeneralization, but oh well.

Oh and it made me want to be a vampire, too. But most vampire movies did that.

"Unpleasant dreams..." ~Elvira
Old 02-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Hellraiser

Talking

I LOVE Lost Boys (its a classic in my book):D
Old 02-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Dead as a Dodo

I class it as horror. The only way it's a classic is like a sub sub genre of cheesy eighties horror movies that generation x love.

Anyone from England or Australia here remember the huge poster of it hanging in the original girls room in Home & Away for years?!! (sorry to American's and anywhere else as that's so totally random!)

Oh and what happened to the squel rumours?