Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Crypt Keeper

I have never seen this film but i would like to, a mate has told me quite a lot about it and it does sugest that women can over power men i just hope none of them get the wrong idea lol.;)
Old 01-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by abbycomix
... they're so harsh on people holding small amounts of pot and trivial crap like that. Oy!
ay-f*ckin-men to that! 'victimless crime'
Old 01-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by damien
now what did she to to the guy in the shower scene if she cut off his penis woudnt have he reacted right away? he only started flipping out once he seen the blood.
well i dunno how accurate the filmmakers were trying to be but -not sure if you've heard about this- there's this case in germany right now where a guy volunteered to be killed by another freak. this is true now. they both chopped off the volunteer's knob and cooked and ate it. the perpetrator video recorded all this.. and, apparently, the castrated guy said he shrieked at first but then found the wound to be satisfying and strangely painless. this, i realize, doesn't answer your question at all but thought you might like to read some bizzarro shit! :eek:
Old 01-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by buddy
well i dunno how accurate the filmmakers were trying to be but -not sure if you've heard about this- there's this case in germany right now where a guy volunteered to be killed by another freak. this is true now. they both chopped off the volunteer's knob and cooked and ate it. the perpetrator video recorded all this.. and, apparently, the castrated guy said he shrieked at first but then found the wound to be satisfying and strangely painless. this, i realize, doesn't answer your question at all but thought you might like to read some bizzarro shit! :eek:
this has nothing to do with male members but I do know of a case where a man had been scalped with a large piece of metal.. but he didnt know that had happend to him.. he said it just felt like someone tapped him on the head with their hand...

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:05 AM
F0rum Veterinarian

Quote:
Originally posted by damien
what did she to to the guy in the shower scene if she cut off his penis woudnt have he reacted right away? he only started flipping out once he seen the blood.

The body is a weird thing, the nerves can only take a certain amount of stimulation before that system stops working.
I have been in a situation where I lost some of my foot and you honestly don't feel it until you see it and then your mind does all the pain giving work, in the same way that a guy that loses an arm can still feel it as if it is there. It's in the mind.
We have all got a small cut and not noticed , then seen it and it suddenly hurts like hell, lol.
So in short if somebody chopped your baby maker off quickly and you didn't feel the blade first so your brain could anticipate it you really wounldn't feel it.
You see people trapped after earthquakes etc talking through gaps in the rubble quite calmly yet when you pull them out their legs are like broken glass.
Weird huh.
I think a weirder thing in the film is after they have introduced themselves in the boat on the lake the first time, book or no book to write, rent paid or not, my brain would be screaming "redneck alert!! Get the feck out of hereeeeeeeee"

As for the film, it really isn't that sick, it's the subject matter that is I guess, the rape scene is hard to watch maybe but only as she does such a good acting job (where as the men don't). It isn't graphic other than her face, imho.
Not a great film but once you have got through the why she wants revenge it makes the revenge that much sweeter and it works well.

I have a question now I think about it, I have the original banned vhs versions of this and Texas Chainsaw, from the 70s, would they be worth anything or has the dvd versions blown that one for me? I've held onto them for 20 years dammit, lol.

Sorry about the essay :)
Old 01-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Banned

Ebert put it best: A movie is not about what it is about. It is about how it is about it.
A movie can be about, for example, a woman getting brutal revenge on guys for raping her, involving castration among other things. Might sound awful to the average movie-goer, right? But the movie its self could take that potential pseudo-snuff and make a great movie out of it. Violence isn't art, but art can be violent. That being said, I Spit On Your Grave sucked ass.

60's and earlier. Not 60's and earlier and whatever you feel like.

Last edited by Sam The Egg; 01-22-2004 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Terry's sex slave

Location: Hiding beneath Terry O'Quinn's bedroom window with binoculars
Hey, I LIKED I Spit On Your Grave. Exploitative? NO Not even. The castration scene was great. Although, I would have gotten some use out of "it";) before I cut it off. I really like revenge movies. I feel that Spit is far better than Last House.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Banned

Acting, writing, cinematography, all shitty. Just because she's raped doesn't mean I care about her, and I didn't.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Terry's sex slave

Location: Hiding beneath Terry O'Quinn's bedroom window with binoculars
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
Acting, writing, cinematography, all shitty. Just because she's raped doesn't mean I care about her, and I didn't.
I don't think you care about anything except yourself, oh and Roger Rabbit. So, when is the wedding?
Old 01-23-2004, 06:55 PM
Banned

OMG A DIFFERENT OPINION! LYNCH HIM!
Don't you have to go masturbate to Teddy O'Gillian or something? Why don't you whore your kids out to the local pedophile so you can save up to go meet him?