Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by dmihatmttl
Well said, abbycomix. I totally agree with everything you said . . . .

Especially the part about life imprisonment for child molestors/rapists. The victim is screwed up for life -- hence the perpetrator should be as well, dammit.

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Thanks! I felt so serious typing about it on an entertainment board, but felt I had to. I just don't get why the legal system is so light on these offenders who almost always repeat once they're out. Then they're so harsh on people holding small amounts of pot and trivial crap like that. Oy!
Old 12-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Evil Dead

i finally rented it today . it wasn't bad. yes it was disturbing but definetly not as disturbing as last house on the left. now what did she to to the guy in the shower scene if she cut off his penis woudnt have he reacted right away? he only started flipping out once he seen the blood.oh i saw a dvd today at blockbuster anyone ever seee it its called body melt. supposed to be done by the same peeps who did dead alive.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by damien
now what did she to to the guy in the shower scene if she cut off his penis woudnt have he reacted right away? he only started flipping out once he seen the blood.
I was wondering the same thing bro.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Evil Dead

I dont think if anyone enjoys this flick they are sick.. that is absurd.. I love this movie and have many copies of it.. and I do agree with avenger it does not live up to its hype.. this is not a film for everyone eighter... but if you like this genre then you will love it.. It is a classic and one of my fav flicks

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 12-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Evil Dead

yeah them fuck's got what they deserved. i actually thought the slow dude was gonna be the nice one and not do anything ............ but i was wrong.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by damien
yeah them fuck's got what they deserved. i actually thought the slow dude was gonna be the nice one and not do anything ............ but i was wrong.
yeah I thought that as well.. BUT I just laughed when he was doing her because he must have had a long skinny dick cause her legs were completely closed ..... LMAO

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Evil Dead

I like this movie a lot. I'm a big fan of exploitation, and watching this stuff doesn't make me sick. IT'S FAKE!!! I threw away bootlegs of Let Them Die Slowly and Slave of the Cannibal God because real animals were killed on-screen. That's sick. I Spit On Your Grave is just kinda sleazy--a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. Hell of a lot better than watching Kramer Vs Kramer. No one jumps on Deliverance for its anal rape scene. Ah, I forgot...Deliverance has a big budget and known actors.

Camile Keaton said in an interview that she thought the slow guy got what he deserved. She also said that she prefered the original title, Day Of The Woman, and that she would gladly watch this with her feminist friends. Even Carol Clover in Men, Women, and Chainsaws, her feminist-spin on the horror genre, thinks this movie has an undeserved bad rep.

Whew. Off my Soap Box now. I like the I Spit reference in Cabin Fever (the girl in the canoe, followed by the slo-mo freeze of her hips as she walks, almost perfectly recreating the I Spit poster). And speaking of posters...Ritualistic, dude, do you own the poster? If you do, you're one lucky honky mo-fo!!!! It's mucho cool.

The DVD also has a funny commentary track by Joe Bob Briggs!
Old 01-05-2004, 02:45 AM
Vengance is now!

There are plenty of mainstream hollywood blockbuster movies containing graphic rape scenes that never cause a fuss...American History X contains some pretty brutal male rape and no one ever complained about that...I think because "i spit on your grave" falls under the horror genre people automatically jump to the conclusion its wrong...People forget movies are for entertainment and not all entertainment is amusement movies are there to strike emotions whether those emotions be like the ones in I spit on your grave...Im sick of people saying someone is sick for watching horror
Old 01-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Ritualistic, dude, do you own the poster? If you do, you're one lucky honky mo-fo!!!! It's mucho cool.

Nope, unfortunately I dont.. I actually found it one time.. BUT I DIDNT HAVE NO DAMN MONEY..!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I freaking beat myself up all the time about that.. I however do own a 8x10 pic of that infamous poster/movie cover.. i have it framed and it hangs over my bed.. :D

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Evil Dead

That's cool, Ritualistic. Couldn't think of a better image to fall asleep to. Ass and machete in one frame equals expoitation art.