Old 12-08-2018, 07:40 PM
病気の

"What if Superman was a psycho"

Brightburn {2019} Superhero HORROR!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7752126/

Director: David Yarovesky
Writers: Brian Gunn, Mark Gunn

Last edited by DeadbeatAtDawn; 01-27-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:38 AM
That fucking Guy...

Kinda like this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irredeemable
Old 12-09-2018, 09:19 PM
ventricle

I wished they had done that with Batman Vs Superman, but of course they never would.

Interesting concept. I wonder if there will be other superheroes in it? Or otherwise, how would you stop a superman psycho?

Old 12-09-2018, 10:04 PM
That fucking Guy...

Unrelated...or...slightly related:
I heard the original pitch for "Watchmen" was to do the same story with the main existing DC heroes. DC didn't like the idea.

But yeah, good superheroes gone bad?
Check out Irredeemable, and for actual DC licensed heroes? The comics of "Injustice" are actually FAR better than they have any right to be, they rival most elseworlds stuff I've ever seen.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:33 AM
Evil Dead

Looks damn good to me. I liked CHRONICLE.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:52 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
Looks damn good to me. I liked CHRONICLE.
I really liked Chronicle too. Basically the same subject.

Old 01-03-2019, 04:19 PM
That fucking Guy...

Loved what they did with chronicle, with the cameras...how it went from found footage to "actual movie" style on the basis of how much the guy learned to control his abilities.
I always wanted some kind of follow up.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:29 PM
Immortal horror fan

I didn't like Chronicle that much. I thought it was overhyped. I'm not too fond of the "superhero" as villain either. That trailer came off as really boring and like the topic title straight down to an almost 100% Superman origin story.

What a lot of people don't seem to get about the true superhero is that they are better than normal humans. They make the difficult heroic decision everyday that the normal person wouldn't do. That's what makes them superheroes.

These characters like for example The Watchmen aren't true superheroes. They are normal humans that just happen to have powers. And actually only the blue guy had real powers yet he was the most human of them all with his actions. Everyone else was just like Batman and happened to be smart, train a lot, or just be crazy enough to go out and fight crime.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:04 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I didn't like Chronicle that much. I thought it was overhyped. I'm not too fond of the "superhero" as villain either. That trailer came off as really boring and like the topic title straight down to an almost 100% Superman origin story.

What a lot of people don't seem to get about the true superhero is that they are better than normal humans. They make the difficult heroic decision everyday that the normal person wouldn't do. That's what makes them superheroes.

These characters like for example The Watchmen aren't true superheroes. They are normal humans that just happen to have powers. And actually only the blue guy had real powers yet he was the most human of them all with his actions. Everyone else was just like Batman and happened to be smart, train a lot, or just be crazy enough to go out and fight crime.
I like that concept... what makes them superheroes is that they chose to fight crime, not super powers. In fact, your concept infers most super-powered people would be super villains. Also an interesting concept. Probably best explored by The Invisible Man (or did the drug or whatever make him insane) and Hollowman.

I didn't think Chronicle was overhyped. I seem to remember it was a small movie at the time and has pretty much disappeared. There's just people who say they really liked it... I guess it's a little bit cult now. I thought they hit on the photorealistic digital effects at the right time, before it would become not so impressive. And they put in a good story and script, felt very fresh to me at the time.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:18 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I like that concept... what makes them superheroes is that they chose to fight crime, not super powers. In fact, your concept infers most super-powered people would be super villains. Also an interesting concept. Probably best explored by The Invisible Man (or did the drug or whatever make him insane) and Hollowman.

I didn't think Chronicle was overhyped. I seem to remember it was a small movie at the time and has pretty much disappeared. There's just people who say they really liked it... I guess it's a little bit cult now. I thought they hit on the photorealistic digital effects at the right time, before it would become not so impressive. And they put in a good story and script, felt very fresh to me at the time.
Also most if not all superheroes have the tragedy of loss that cements that superhero belief. I do believe that most normal people if they had powers would go the villain route. Someone once said that evil is easier. I haven't seen the Invisible Man in a while. But I kind of remember Hollowman how he almost immediately seemed to go crazy with his new ability. Peeping and raping Rhona Mitra's character. Something few normal people with powers would be able to resist. There are peeping Toms and rapists out there without powers.

I remember reading about Chronicle probably on AintitCool. As they love superhero stuff they were hyping the movie as a teenage superhero type movie. On par with some of the best superhero movies I think. Some liked it so much that the lead in Chronicle went on to be the Green Goblin in the second Spider-Man reboot. He was a terrible Green Goblin and that second movie minus some of the action sequences is a horrible superhero movie. I saved a good and funny review that tears apart the movie.