Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Demon from Ago

The Others wasn't too bad either but it's not as close of an adaptation as The Innocents.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:01 PM
From The Beyond

I liked The Others have it on dvd but yeah I agree not really an adaptation more like "inspired by".
Old 06-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Evil Dead

"The Return Of Dracula" (1958)
-Francis Lederer

Plot: IMDB
Count Dracula kills a passenger on a train in Transylvania and steals his identity. He comes to a small community in California where the Mayberrys are expecting their cousin from Europe. His strange behavior, sleeping all day and going out at night are surprising to young miss Rachel Mayberry. A policeman from Europe comes to investigate while Rachel's best friend Jenny dies unexpectedly. And the count plans on giving Rachel the gift of eternal life...

Phantom's Review:. This film was released a few months before Christopher Lee's "Horror Of Dracula" but was quickly forgotten when that classic came out. but it's a Surprisingly, well made little low budget thriller. Francis Lederer makes a suave Count. The rest of the cast does a decent job and the writing and direction are fine. Hardly a classic, but worth watching if your a "Dracula" fan, and keep your eyes open for a "colorful" death scene towards the end.

--
Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

The Blob (1958)

To be honest i liked the remake better,i rearly say that but i think it was just because the remake was when horror was still good,in that 80s 90s splatter slasher stage
Old 06-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Little Boo

Bava's Black Sabbath
Old 06-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Banned

ARKOFF
War of the colossal beast

awsome
got the last scene were he dies in colour too,bonus!!

fuck i love the trailors "youl never forget the unforgiving touch of the spider"
Old 06-17-2012, 02:39 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
The Blob (1958)

To be honest i liked the remake better,i rearly say that but i think it was just because the remake was when horror was still good,in that 80s 90s splatter slasher stage
I like them both but for very different reasons. I don't think I could choose one and say it was the best. I'm a fan of both.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Evil Dead

"Destroy All Monsters" (1968)

Plot: IMDB
Aliens have released all the giant monsters from their imprisonment on Monster Island and are using them to destroy all major cities on the planet. It is up to the daring crew of the super rocket ship X-2 to infiltrate the aliens' headquarters before the Earth monsters and King Ghidrah annihilate the planet.

Phantom's Review: Probably my all time favorite Godzilla film, outside of the original. Plenty of monster action, great "man-in-suit" FX and a fun exciting story. This was a great way to spend my Father's Day afternoon!
--
Old 06-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Evil Dead

"20 Million Miles To Earth" (1957)
Plot: Amazon
The first spaceship to visit Venus crash lands in the sea, freeing a small native Venusian creature called the Ymir. Eventually growing to enormous size, it threatens the city of Rome.

Phantom's Review: One of the great monster movies of the '50's. Stop motion FX by the great Ray Harryhausen. Plenty of monster action decent acting and a fine story. Harryhausen manages to give the monster (called "The Ymir") a personality that sort of makes you root for him. The plot is reminiscent of "King Kong"but not a exact copy. This film is a minor classic, and should be seen by anybody who is a fan of 1950's monster films.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
"20 Million Miles To Earth" (1957)
Plot: Amazon
The first spaceship to visit Venus crash lands in the sea, freeing a small native Venusian creature called the Ymir. Eventually growing to enormous size, it threatens the city of Rome.

Phantom's Review: One of the great monster movies of the '50's. Stop motion FX by the great Ray Harryhausen. Plenty of monster action decent acting and a fine story. Harryhausen manages to give the monster (called "The Ymir") a personality that sort of makes you root for him. The plot is reminiscent of "King Kong"but not a exact copy. This film is a minor classic, and should be seen by anybody who is a fan of 1950's monster films.
One of my favourite monster movies... Did you watch the original B&W or remastered colour version? Havent seen the colour version, but I know Harryhausen originally wanted it shot in colour.