Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-04-2021, 04:03 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
While I agree that the set up is promising (every time you leave the car, you could die), I can't help but find that the characters were annoying and that the plot left too much unused. Just driving, yapping and arguing until the next beat.

Characters traits were shoehorned in for little or no purpose. The brother masturbated in a scene that said little more than "you are so dead". (because that's what teenage boys do, right?) From out of nowhere, the sister is pregnant, because she is so going to be the final girl. And while watching the ending, I half expected Bobby Ewing to step out of the shower.

So I was not really on board with this one, but I do see that I am clearly in the minority here.
I think it depends a lot on the time I saw it, in my case.
In 2004 was still young and horrors were not that often available, as they are today. There were no streams available for me and I just installed internet and movies weren't on my list that much. . So I had to settle with what I found late nights on cable.

I agree If I would have seen it now, maybe the impact would have been different.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:27 AM
Nostalgia nerd

[IMG]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/B0NJLrmkFzDi3Bg4ka8WQdOwS1U=/0x0:640x360/1200x0/filters:focal(0x

Last edited by Amaltheaunicorn2020; 01-05-2021 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:01 AM
Evil Dead

SE7EN (1995).>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Still amazingly grimy and creepy film of two detectives, older methodical burned out one (an Excellent Morgan Freeman) showing the ropes to idealistic Enthusiastic upstart (Brad Pitt-annoying, but such pity You feel for him later). A Serial Killer is dispatching people according to The Seven Deadly Sins and although You don't see hardly any of the slayings, just the aftermath and Your imagination will make You shudder. Good performances all across the board and very much recommended. ****1/2
Old 01-05-2021, 01:28 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

wtf am I looking at here, hahaha
Old 01-06-2021, 06:13 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
home sweet home
Old 01-06-2021, 08:22 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
SE7EN (1995).>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Still amazingly grimy and creepy film of two detectives, older methodical burned out one (an Excellent Morgan Freeman) showing the ropes to idealistic Enthusiastic upstart (Brad Pitt-annoying, but such pity You feel for him later). A Serial Killer is dispatching people according to The Seven Deadly Sins and although You don't see hardly any of the slayings, just the aftermath and Your imagination will make You shudder. Good performances all across the board and very much recommended. ****1/2
An excellent David Fincher film. Possibly his best, maybe 2nd to Fight Club. What do you think?

I do consider it a horror film, as it's truly horrific, which I think better classifies a horror than "scary", for good reason, thus the genre is Horror and not Scary. But I do understand those who consider it "Crime". I think Se7en is in line with with say Dressed to Kill (1980), which is more often associated with horror... IMDB classifies both these films as "Crime, Drama, Mystery". They are both 'suspense thrillers' as well. I think both Se7en and Dressed are very closely related to many Giallo films which folks seem to have an easier time calling horror. After just watching it, would you consider it a horror film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post
wtf am I looking at here, hahaha
Whatever Amalthea posted, it's too big.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-06-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:31 PM
Evil Dead

Curious to see if there will ever be a third Unfriended film and what the threat will be then.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:13 AM
Evil Dead

Old 01-07-2021, 08:31 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Interesting or surprising?
Interesting specifically, but also surprising in the sense, besides me, you're the only one on this board that was ho-hum or worse on Dead End.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=Sculpt;1046176]An excellent David Fincher film. Possibly his best, maybe 2nd to Fight Club. What do you think?

I do consider it a horror film, as it's truly horrific, which I think better classifies a horror than "scary"

I certainly consider SE7EN a horror film...such Dark places it goes to. Still haven't seen FIGHT CLUB, just bits here and there

INDIAN SUMMER (1993). A group of 30-somethings get an invite to visit their old Summer Camp (A real one which the Director and others attended in their youth) where good memories and unresolved issues abound.
There is a LOT to enjoy here...the scenery is lovely, many thespians I like (particularly Bill Paxton and Diane Lane) and some truly funny bits here , especially "Jaime needs to not overwind his toys" and images of Spider-Man on the cabin walls and knowing that Sam Raimi , playing a bumbling Handyman, later went to great fame/fortune with the SPIDER-MAN franchise about ten years later.
Sadly, I found almost all returning campers to be incredibly superficial to incredibly annoying...have heard this compared to THE BIG CHILL (not seen and doesn't sound promising) and thusly, IS is not as good as it could have been. **1/2

Tags
movie